Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Spring Is Nigh

Well spring will soon be here. I saw the first sign of it just the other day. You can keep you red breasted robins and other harbingers of the season, in the city from whence I came we have a different symbol.

Tim Hortons has launched their Roll up The Rim to Win campaign again.

Granted, the name is deceptive as I consistently roll up the rim to lose but it does increases traffic at almost al outlets. It's like the arrival of the new cups triggers the end of a hibernation cycle. The masses, bleary eyed from their long winter's slumber stagger to the nearest Tim's to grab a cup of the hot nectar with which to trigger their newly awakened life.

The competition seems to have caught on to this powerful technique that is responsible for gutting their sales during the promotion's lifespan. Not to be outdone they have responded in kind possibly throwing off this delicate sociological balance.

The biggest result of both of these promotions on the newly awakened community is an increase in the amount of coffee related litter in the streets. You can't blame people for participating in this though. I can't speak for everybody but I am a sucker for manners and since the cup says "please play again" I find myself running to the nearest Tim Hortons as soon as my current rim is rolled up. The cup commands it so I must obey.

I only pray for the supply of cups to deplete or a prize to roll my way before I need to be committed from lack of sleep and over-caffeination (and I thought cold medication was bad).

1 Comments:

Blogger Rainypete said...

Yeah, I'm standing on a dismal 0 for 12 so far (damned polite cups)

10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links