Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Cuddling With Decadence



Hey guys. Are you in the doghouse big time? Do you need to make it up to that special someone in a serious way? If money is no objet then I have the solution for you! A German firm has created the world's most expensive teddy bear. This bad boy is made of real gold, and eyes made with sapphires and diamonds. It goes for just over $90,000.00 Canadian and includes a holiday.
Margarete Steiff GmbH, which claims to have made the world's first ever teddy bear, made the golden bear to celebrate its 125th anniversary.

The new bear has a mouth made of solid gold, fur made from gold thread and eyes with pupils of sapphire and irises made from 20 tiny diamonds. It is packed with pure wool elephant which features 47 diamonds worked into white gold on its saddle.

It's not like all you get for that money is a couple of stuffed toys either. There are a bunch of goodies tied to this deal.


    To house your expensive friends you get an illuminated showcase with a place for a book.

    Since you have book drawer they also give you a book as well. This tells the story behind the creation of this delight with a numbered certificate, signed by Friedhelm Steiff in person.

    You also get a pure (24 karat) gold anniversary medallion

    Most importantly you get a 3-day luxury break at a first-class hotel in Ulm, including a visit to the wonderful new "Die Welt von Steiff" museum and an exclusive gala dinner at Margarete Steiff's birthplace. This is made possible so that they can laugh at you for spending that much for a teddy bear.


They've only made 125 of these collectible delights so hurry to their site and get yours today! I'll stay in the doghouse myself as that kind of money is a tad much. I think this kind of suck-up is reserved for those really monumental oops moments, like backing over an in-law, or accidentally bringing home the wrong child. This seems just a little bit decadent for my tastes. Maybe it's just me but can't you see Veruca Salt stomping her feet and saying "Daddy I want them all! RIGHT! NOW!"

19 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

You mean you aren't going to buy me one? LOL

9:24:00 AM  
Blogger Mayo said...

Holy SHIT! that is the biggest waste of product time and space. We do live in an age of glutuney! Sorry Pete! Freaked out there!

10:04:00 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

After cuddling with said bear the owner will then be endowed with solid gold slivers!

If I were a rich man perhaps I'd buy this teddy and then videotape myself melting him into a solid gold lump. Take that Frau Steiff!

10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Geez, that's insane. I could find better things to spend that kind of money on!!

11:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief. I could never own that bear because my dogs would eat it and then I'd have to shift through doggie poo looking for diamonds. That would suck.

Why would you spend that kind of money on a stuffed animal?? I don't understand. Does. Not. Compute.

12:35:00 PM  
Blogger Holden said...

Pretty insane spending so much for a teddy-bear... But if you like it and have the money... and you're bored...;)

Cool Blog however...

Dancing With Tears In My Eyes

Matt

12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Um yeah, I can can!

1:09:00 PM  
Blogger dan said...

I've got a teddy like that only it's not make of gold and its head is missing...and its arms.

1:18:00 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Decadent is the word! I can't believe they even make such a thing.

Very cool blog! :)

2:45:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Holy crap! What a waste of money! And the eyes on that bear are pretty damn scary, regardless of them being sapphires and diamonds. sheesh. I wouldn't expect anyone to be so foolish and give me one of those, I'd be scared to touch it lol

Got your postcard today! Yay! Thanks heaps Pete!

8:07:00 PM  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

Crap...that's more than we paid for our house AND land. What a waste...and MilkMan would be IN the dog house if he EVER wasted money like this LOL!

8:08:00 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

I wouyld think that if you bought that for your wife you would be ever so much more IN the doghouse!

8:37:00 PM  
Blogger ramblin' girl said...

insanity, pure insanity. but thanks for the reality break.

8:56:00 PM  
Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

If my hubby ever felt he had to go buy this teddy bear to make up for something, I'd rather have the cash...forget the bear!

10:52:00 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I'm sorry you all think this is silly. I have already purchased two of these bears..

10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I would like if someone could purchase this bear for me. Then I could hock him and use the money for something really special ~ like eating for a year.

7:27:00 AM  
Blogger Pete B said...

#BLIP BLIP BLIP#

DIVIDE BY CUCUMBER ERROR !

PLEASE RE-INSTALL UNIVERSE AND TRY AGAIN.
________________

That is really, quite nuts. It seems like they are trying to emulate the Faberge eggs or something - but, hell, a lot of those don't go for that much. And besides, the fantastic craftsmanship and opulence isn't even as obvious as Faberge.


PS: If you don't get the reference, go read a few books by Pratchett...

7:44:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Sad thing is, it doesn't look like that special a bear from the picture.

7:57:00 PM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

I forwarded the website to my husband. He told me not to hang by the neck waiting for it. I wonder what he means by that?

9:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links