Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I Can't Wait!!

So I went to see the new Harry Potter movie with the wife Friday and was pleasantly surprised that actually contained characters being characters. This is not, however a post about that movie. Let's face it, there's tonnes of others out there who've already posted their take on it and you basically love these movies or hate them. What blew my mind was the coming attractions reel.

Among all the other coming features was one that made me sit up in my seat with awe. That's right folks, on June 30th in 2006 Superman Returns! While I expected a new Superman movie in the theatres eventually I was completely convinced they would make it a soap opera style flick like the Smallville TV series that is on the TV. The basic concept is that Superman has disappeared for a few years and the world has learned how to get by without him. Upon returning he finds that Lois Lane has moved on with her life and Lex Luthor is still after him, planning to strip him of his powers for good. It looks pretty slick in the trailer, but then again don't they all?

This one is directed by Bryan Singer though, so there is hope. For those that don't know who he is, this is the guy that brought the X-Men to life. While I don't know what Brandon Routh, who is to play Clark Kent, has done, I am looking forward to seeing Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor. The website has the teaser trailer that got my attention, and a bunch of other bits and pieces. The most attractive of which, to me the movie nerd, is a video journal of "making of" featurettes. It'll have to keep me distracted until the movie comes. I'll just have to be careful no to give myself one of Kev's patented "nerd-gasms". Let's face it folks, Christmas isn't even here yet and I can't wait till the summer. My poor wife will be as excited as I am about he movie's eventual arrival as I have regressed to a child-like state and am currently running around the house with a towel safety pinned around my neck, thinking I am Superman. I even tried to thwart a mugging the other day, but that only boosted the mugger's haul as he got my wallet and watch as well (I don't know where he got kryptonite, but I'll find that out too). My wife apparently has some too because she gave me right good thrashing when I told her about the mugger. I swear they're selling that stuff at the grocery store now!

10 Comments:

Blogger Martini said...

Sorry Pete, I'll give everything back. I had to mug you in order to pass my course, "how to be a modern-day, business-savvy CEO"

1:47:00 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

that was the best part of the movie IMHO...I too cannot wait for this movie to arriveth. It looks great don't it?

Damn, which theatre? We keep missing each other (maybe that's a good thing?) I kinda keep hoping I'd be able to pick you out of a crowd. I took the kids on saturday 4:30 pm matinnee. Less crowded.

3:33:00 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

oh and ...pleasantly surprised that it contained characters being characters....

huh? what's that mean?

3:35:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh I can SO see you running around with a towel safety pinned around your neck! :)

I don't know where I saw the "Superman" preview but I did and I thought (at first glance) that the actor chosen to play Superman looked a lot like Christopher Reeve. Kinda eerie.

8:06:00 AM  
Blogger bounce said...

have i told you lately that i love you?

11:30:00 AM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

I can't frikki' wait!!

12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kev And Charlotte said...

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD.

3:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait either!! But... I am afraid of muggers. Watch out!

1:43:00 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

I'm ducking since I'm not into Harry Potter but hope you enjoyed the movie!! :)

That superman logo rocks! Our youngest daughter, now a teen, is very into superman...even went to school on Halloween last year dressed as superman/girl and she was in 19th grade. (She's uh, known, for her kooky costumes. She's in theatre, need I say more?) I bet she'll see the movie w/ friends, though. SHe's rather outgrown her 'rents.

9:35:00 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

That Superman trailer did look pretty cool! Too bad Bryan Singer isn't doing X-Men3 as well though. That "Rush Hour" chump is in charge now so I am very very nervous...

3:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links