Friday, November 18, 2005

Christmas Is Coming (and you can too!)

iPods have taken the world by storm. I think it's kind of funny that an MP3 player can overtake the market based on its look rather than its features, but welcome to the consumption culture of today. The thing I admire about the iPod as a cultural phenomenon is not the device itself, in all its incarnations, but rather the sea of available accessories. With Christmas rapidly approaching and the MP3 player becoming almost a necessity for most people it is time to consider what o get people. Over at The Archies you can see the ultimate religious add-on for the shuffle and now you can get accessories for the more open of the iPod owners among you.

Presenting the iBuzz!
Now there's a whole new way to feel the music!!

This bad boy plugs in to your iPod and vibrates in time to the music. While not great with easy listening music, I can only imagine heavy guitar rock and hip-hop could make for an explosive experience. Somehow I can picture a horny geek inventor thinking "This iPod really helps shorten the commute to work, but I can make it better". I can only hope that this is used for those that take public transit to work. Sure all the moaning and rocking around may disturb some of the more prudish folks on the trains and buses, but it sure beats having the iPod dial up an aggressive song while someone is driving in gridlock. Imagine all the crashes caused by that!!

I can't imagine trying to talk your way out of that ticket. "I'm sorry officer, but it's not my fault. I was just driving along when 50 Cent came on my iPod and that was it!"

And they thought cell phones were dangerous in the car!!

Don't feel left out fellas, this comes with his 'n' hers attachments so it can be fun for the whole family!! Apparently one of it's biggest features is that is inconspicuous. I can't say as I have seen people with their iPod's wires snaking into their trousers, but you never really know now, do you? You have to act fast though, these are selling out fast. So far it's only available in Europe so I'll have to see if I can get my Grandma to mail one over . Yeah, that'd go over well (Then again you remember what happened when I tossed her name into Google!).

14 Comments:

Blogger Rae Ann said...

Is that for real? Wow!

10:10:00 AM  
Blogger sands of time said...

Those sound like they could help when you get stuck in a snow storm and have to wait it out.

10:11:00 AM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

Hey! Funny I should read this on your page Pete - I saw this the other day and was going to mention it. In my capacity as 'product' tester I think it's very clever!

Whatever next?

Wondy x

10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

wow, guess I need to get an iPod first (which I don't see the necessity for but everyone seems to have) and this is something I'd definately need to try out...never sure how the male attachments work though....anyway, can you imagine me with this tucked down my pants while I'm learning to drive? yikes.

11:10:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ooo...I have GOT to get me one of those...;)

1:40:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

Ahh, The VibePod. Nothing says "I love you" like putting one of those under the tree for your 16 year old daughter...

1:56:00 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Oh cripes ... what next?

And looking back over this post now, did you MEAN to say that line about "I was just driving along when 50 Cent CAME on my iPod ..."?

There's a visual I really don't need!

Great post as always. (and you had me cracking up at your comment on the Outpost just now. I had to think about it till I saw the other Carol's comment!)

2:24:00 PM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Why didn't I come up with this idea?

3:23:00 PM  
Blogger Minerva said...

Beats a rabbit doesn't it?

And I live in Europe...*smiling*

Orders please...

Minerva

4:15:00 PM  
Blogger Scott & Julia said...

Damn, I need to get me one of those! And I love your pic below .. so risque!! Happy belated HNT!

6:14:00 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

Wow, that's pretty inventive if not very practical.

(You certainly have a good life, but I figured that!)

6:24:00 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I can't even comment, I am laughing too hard.

8:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider this added to my christmas wishlist.

6:44:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Hmmmmmm. I wonder whose name you've drawn for the office present exchange. hehe

4:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links