Monday, November 21, 2005

More Reasons to Watch Your Kids



As parents get more oblivious maybe we can use this as a cautionary tale to wake them up a little. Not only did a Peterborough Mom not know what her daughter was up to, she didn't even know where her stuff was!! Apparently her teenage daughter needed a few bucks, and since her relationship with her Mom was so solid she decided that it was better to hawk her camera than ask for the cash from her.

What the girl didn't realize is that her Mom's nocturnal festivities were recorded and still in the camera. The mother did not even know the camera was missing until her boyfriend complained the video was going around town. When she was asked about the missing camera she told her mother that she grabbed the camera from her mother's bedroom closet and sold it to a friend for $200. Mom was pissed off enough to call the police and charge her daughter with theft. The girl's lawyer said that she didn't know the tape was in the camera, and the whole situation was "...an unfortunate byproduct of her taking the camera,".

I still wonder what she used the money for, but that doesn't stop me from laughing my ass of at the poetic justice. Karma's a bitch ain't it?

13 Comments:

Blogger sands of time said...

I read about that.What the hell was her mom thinking of leaving that in her camera.Maybe she was hoping to do a Paris Hilton.

9:58:00 AM  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

Strange justice.

I hadn't heard this. Thanks.

10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

I hadn't seed that yet, but wow is that funny. Yet another reason to never leave anything in your camea when you store it.

1:29:00 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

I guess I should remember to be more careful too tehn!

1:36:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That sounds JUST like a sit-com you'd see on television! Too funny to be true! :)

2:59:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

oh lord, I can't imagine actually taking one of my kids to court over that. I think I'd rather have died or gone underground until the video had stopped making the rounds. Unfortunate byproduct indeed!

7:13:00 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Well lets forget about the vedoe and blame the adults for being dumb enough for leaving it in the camera but I would want to know where the money went also.

2:32:00 AM  
Blogger Marj said...

i don't think that's fair. If the mother and her partner decided to do something behind closed doors, that's their business.

Now... it was not wise of them to leave it out for her child to get through, so i will put the blame on not hiding it well enough. For anyone with kids, you should know that children can get into anything. My sister and i used to go through ALL my parent's stuff that wasn't out of reach... hee hee hee

But i think something deeper is the problem here. The girl wasn't concerned that her mom might miss this camera, at any time. What has she learned?

~wyn

11:46:00 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

HA! HA! HA! Thanks for the heads up on that one! roflol! I'll be sure to keep that in mind!

Gawd! How embarrassing! But what I want to know is- What did the kid need the money for?

11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

I would be mortified!

The girl admitted she took the camera. Why does she have a lawyer?

1:54:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Heh. Perfect.

11:20:00 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

hey! no ones appalled that the girl stole her mum's camera and sold it!

3:52:00 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Lawyer-speak at its worst! How about "the situation was due to my client stealing and hocking the camera"?
Hey, is that Shelly Duval?

3:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links