Monday, September 18, 2006

Soul-ar Powered

So who else had great weather this weekend? We were blessed with a weekend that may, or may not, have been summer’s last hurrah. With the sun and beautiful temperatures I couldn’t resist being outside to recharge the soul as much as possible. Saturday was spent doing all the usual household stuff like cleaning and such and then I managed to get outside and mow extremely neglected lawn. Sure I could have ignored it again, but the it was getting so I would let the kids and the dog out to play and then go looking around the house for them later on as I assumed that my wife must have let them in because I didn’t see them in the yard any more. Turns out they were still out there romping through the savannah. The evening was spent with Jodster at the Ticats game where even they must have been inspired by the weather. They actually won!!
Pigskin Pete's the man!!  Since this guy's retiring it will be interesting to see who can fill his hat properly.

Sunday was dripping in busy as well after we went out to pick up my wife, who spent the night with her Girl Guide mob. We promptly took off to the Terry Fox Run in order to throw some money at a more than worthy cause.
Megan proudly sports her new Terry Fox Run tattoo. I only hope she will elt us wash her cheek before too long.
Once we all got home it was chill out time. My wife and kids headed upstairs for a rest while I poured my self into the hammock in the yard with a pile of short stories and some tea. A recharge later and we were off to the park for awhile where the kids squealed with delight and ran around wildly. We wore them down and headed home for supper in the backyard and then crashed.



It was heavenly. It’s amazing what a good dose of nice weather and the sun can do to one’s mood. Not that I was grumpy or anything but I have been feeling a bit drained over the last week or so and this weekend was exactly what I needed. It was a perfect blend of laying about and doing fun stuff which left me feeling like a new person. Of course, it’s still the same old deranged me but you can’t have everything right? I hope you all enjoyed your weekends too (except maybe Fizzy, who’s picking up after her tornado while fighting a cold!!!)










13 Comments:

Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

good for you and your wife and your kids are growing and so cute! it's good to see and hear of your darling family and the great weekend you shared. we mostly had rain and wind and a bit of snow in the high country, although we did go see a cool old train (pics on my blog). and you are shrinking, still, btw! lol

9:25:00 AM  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

My weekend was HOT... in more ways than one... or two... or three. ;)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving the encouraging words.

It's a little like being Mary Poppins or Nanny McPhee. McPhee told the children when she arrived, "As long as you need me, but don't want me, I shall stay. As soon as you don't need me, but want me, I shall go." They screamed, "We will never want you!" She replied, "Then I shall never go." Which, of course, didn't happen. They did want her.

You should have seen how this little six-year-old boy did not want me when I arrived on the scene. Our early encounters were similar to those of Annie Sullivan and Helen Keller! But now he adores me and doesn't want me to go. But the good news is, my son is taking my place, and they know him very well. It should be fun to watch. ;)

12:00:00 PM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

Those are some great shots!

A hammock and a book sound heavenly!

1:05:00 PM  
Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Love to all...

1:49:00 PM  
Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Love to all...

1:49:00 PM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

Great pictures, Pete - your girls are beee-ootiful!

(The sportsmen aren't too bad either...)

*blush*

2:47:00 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Cute kids! Very!

We had kickin weather in Ohio too, I'm tickled to say. Now it's raining like a booger, I'm not so tickled to say.

Far as grass goes, mine is so long now I can't find the dog po. Didn't bother me much until just about an hour ago. Did you know Keds sneakers have unusally deep tread?

4:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures.
It's supposed to warm up here soon. Hope so. I want fun stuff to do too..

5:57:00 PM  
Blogger Mark Leslie said...

Glad to hear you had such a fine weekend. Another series of great shots. But I am disappointed there was no picture of you cutting the lawn . . .

5:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That lovely girl of yours always looks good on film. That was a really great picture.

Did you run at the Terry Fox run?

7:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids are gorgeous!

10:08:00 PM  
Blogger mrhaney said...

sounds like you had a great time and the photos are great. there is nothing like looking at old photos after the kids have left home.

7:00:00 AM  
Blogger Ham said...

#1: Your kids are adorable.
#2: I just got the same haircut as that cheerleader.

2:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links