Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Talk the talk me hearties!

Man the DSL lines! All hand to Napster!! Tweaking your torrents and opening ports seemed to be the right choice for today until I did further research into Talk Like A Pirate Day. Apparently they meant a different kind of pirate.
Aaarrrrrr me hearties!

A great day to watch all the swashbuckling, Errol Flynn inspired movies you can get your grubby little hands on (Johnny Depp and the like will do if you fear the classics). Since I'm far too busy today to get into it in great detail I will instead revel in the ability to confuse the crap out of the uninitiated by brandishing pirate speak all day long. Due to the deficit of time I offer you my site already translated for your piratey listening enjoyment. As s sidenote you can feed any website through this translator which I found at The Voices Of Many. This makes reading the daily news online a lot more enjoyable.

So avast ye scurvy dogs. All hands to the web before I keelhaul yer scury backsides!!

11 Comments:

Blogger pissoff said...

The Elf Shorts are back....
http://shipcreak.blogspot.com/

9:40:00 AM  
Blogger Celti said...

Arrrrr - shiver me timbers!

9:45:00 AM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

ARG?
I wanted something good and piratey but I couldn't come up with anything good!

11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Garrr! I can't believe I missed Talk Like A Pirate Day! I insist ye post yer joke about the pirate's buccaneers!

1:20:00 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Garrrr, matey. Me mum was a one legged priate. Er...was that me dad? They looked exactly alike, never could tell the buggers apart.

3:24:00 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

would the pirate movie do?

7:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very hard to talk like a pirate when you have a cold. But thanks for the heads up. I totally forgot about it last year and missed it by a week or so.

7:55:00 PM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Damn I missed Talk Like A Pirate Day - or An Excuse To Watch Johnny Depp All Day Day, whichever way you want it.

Damn!

8:01:00 AM  
Blogger Ham said...

I have a friend who is waaaaaayyyy too into pirates for his 25-year old unemployed self. I wished him a happy pirate day, and he knew what I was talking about. Enough said.

2:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh, missed it, no, kinda forgot it. Argh, gettin old.

11:23:00 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

I had no idea so many other people were celebrating this. I wish I had come by on the right day!

4:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links