Monday, May 28, 2007

Let the frenzy begin

This weekend was another crazy one for me, but I'm beginning to think that crazy is the new normal so what the hell. Tangled amongst all the business and mayhem was the good old hockey game. For years now my family has had seasons tickets to the Hamilton Bulldogs and this year (and many more to come) was no exception. This year has been a good one for the team and for the fans and we are now looking at a great possibility.

Several tough fought series' later we are now Western Conference Champs and are headed to the finals against the Hershey Bears. Next week we head into the final phase of our quest for the Calder Cup. The media coverage has been hit and miss but the fan support is solid. While the media mopes about the lack of fan attendance, which is actually far from the worst in the league, and fixates on the pending purchase of the Nashville Predators by Jim Balsillie of Research in Motion, the Bulldogs have waged a quiet war. The net result being a spectacular level of play that had had fans on a wild roller coaster of a ride to the series we are about to embark on.

It will have to compete for attention with the Stanley Cup finals up here in our area with the three home games scheduled on the same days as the Senators vs Ducks series. This will likely have the press moping some more but for those that opt to sit at home and stare at their televisions I offer them my sympathies as they will likely be missing some great hockey. Plus, they will be updating us on the score during the breaks anyhow. I shall not miss the opportunity myself and am wishing I could somehow magically weave myself a pile of free time since Hershey is a drivable distance away from here. Dare to dream I suppose.

I can only hope that we get to see this at home more than once

Victory Dance

I will hope even harder for the boys to bring the cup home.....if they can win it at home that would be even better, but if they win it away I suppose that will be okay too. So if you're in the neighborhood of Hamilton or Hershey you should do yourself a favour and spend some cash on some terrific hockey. At the very least tune in to the games online or on the radio.

GO DOGS GO!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm assuming you watched the movie "Slap Stick"? Enjoy your day!

11:32:00 AM  
Blogger pissoff said...

...Or you could try and win the Freakin Green Elf Shorts again!

http://theinfomaniac.blogspot.com/

9:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links