Monday, May 14, 2007

From bad to worse



It's funny how life has a funny way of putting things in perspective. I've had what is probably the worst week in a long time. A critical machine at work broke and I spent all week trying to get it going (it now runs and we've had shifts running all weekend to try and catch up). My wife got called away to Toronto for the weekend leaving me with two kids that had nasty colds. And Saturday had me watching the Bulldogs lose their second game in a row to give their previous 2 game lead up to a 2-2 series tie.

Just when it all kept piling up it was all about to be thrown out the window. My Mom called to tell me she had taken my Dad to the hospital for a heart problem. Having survived a nasty stroke many years back this is not to taken too lightly. Now begins the typical fun time in Canadian medicine of waiting. We wait until they can get him into the cardiac testing schedule for a stress test. I've everything crossed that can be crossed and still allow me to function so let's hope it's as good news as is possible in these kind of situations shall we? The Bulldogs won last yesterday to go up 3-2 after all so things are looking up right?

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and yours. Take care of yourself and go visit your dad.

7:27:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

that is, indeed, a tough week pete! ain't it strange how life can just grab you and set you right in the rollercoaster?

thinking of you and yours...as my mom lays in her hospital bed...

10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

**UPDATE**

So given the readouts on my Dad's heart monitor last night the doctors decided that a stress test would be useless for their purposes. Instead they decided that an angiogram would be the way to go instead. The good news is that they figured out what went wrong. The bad news is that he is now set up for an emergency triple bypass tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know how it all plays out.

10:54:00 PM  
Blogger honkeie said...

Sorry about your dad. Dont sweat the small stuff. Work sux all the time nothing new there. Hope all is better......right now!

1:28:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pete: I've been there with my Dad and I'll be thinking about you!!!

4:13:00 PM  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

Best wishes for your Dad, Pete!!

4:58:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pete: Good to have your correct address. I've been through this with my Dad and my best thoughts are with you!

5:12:00 PM  
Blogger MummaWalker said...

Hang on in there mate. We're thinking of you and yours.

Xx

7:05:00 AM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

Hugz from Dutchy for whatever it's worth

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you Pete...here I was thinking that my not being able to use my toliet was worse, but that's clearly not true.

Let me know if there's anything I can do.

9:47:00 AM  
Blogger Celti said...

wow, I feel for you, hon. Hope your Dad is ok. *hugs*

11:25:00 AM  
Blogger Memphis said...

I hope your dad is OK. I lost my dad this time last year, so that really hit home for me.

3:27:00 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:08:00 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

So is Canadian medicine a pain in terms of waiting for important procedures?

4:08:00 PM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

Your dad and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

5:33:00 PM  
Blogger angela marie said...

Thinking of you and your dad Pete. And your Mom too, of course...I'm sure she is beside herself. XO

11:40:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

Sorry to hear that dude. But you know that when the roller coaster is at the bottom, the momentum brings it back up. Don't lose your momentum.

2:43:00 PM  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. I nearly went to medical school in Canada but now I'm maybe glad I didn't. The "system" just doesn't seem to work. Take care.

10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links