Saturday, May 19, 2007

Relief

Well.....my Dad's surgery is all done and they completed their quadruple bypass after a longer time slot than they anticipated. This makes for some unbelievably long waiting. The clock crawls at a horrifyingly slow pace when you've got someone you love under the knife!!

Aside from the usual recovery woes it all is starting to look pretty good. If he progresses as he currently has they are talking of sending him home on Monday at some point. This will make him a lot happier and make it far easier to sleep as well since there won't be alarms and beeps and sick folk keeping him up all night.

Thank you for all your support and kind words as they really do help.

As a public service to you all I will warn you that a hospital is a dangerous place to spend any length of time if you are not a patient. Viruses and sick people lurk aroudn every corner. This made for some tense moments as I experienced a slight discomfort in my butt the other day. I was concerned I had maybe gotten VRE or some other hospital borne disease that they are constantly worried about. A wave of relief washed over me when I realized that I was experiencing this feeling the parking lot and it was a side effect of the exorbitant fees charged for aplace to put your car while you visit the hospital.
Check it out!!!




These machines are finely crafted machines whose sole purpose is to convert legal tender in slips of paper containing the date and some strange alpha numeric code that, through the use of advanced calculus and a bit of voodoo, roughly translates to "You've gotten screwed buddy!"

10 Comments:

Blogger Hillary said...

So glad things went well! Praying for a speedy recovery! :)

11:48:00 AM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

Great to hear that your dad is on the mend! I can imagine that the time crawled by when you were waiting for him to come out of surgery.

Sheesh! I know about the hellish costs of hospital parkings! It sucks!

1:31:00 PM  
Blogger Laura Brown said...

Good luck to your Dad Pete. My Dad had to have a quad too. He was happy to have outlived his own Dad who died from a heart attack. So, beware yourself young man. I hope you are never in that situation and live to be so old people finally just toss you off somewhere to get rid of your old carcass. ;)

6:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so pleased to hear things are looking up. Please tell your dad we're all praying for him and we want to hear good things very soon.

11:04:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

that is wonderful news that your father is doing well, mine died when he was 53, I was 17. You hold on to that father of yours and as laura said, do what you need to do for yourself.

i am shocked to know that you have to pay to park at the hospital, i have NEVER heard of that before!

10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Family Waiting Area is tense. When my father had a double by-pass, the surgeon came in afterwards and told me that the bypass is so common, that at 6 a.m. across America thousands are routinely done. He had an 85 year old patient who was back to playing golf regularly!! Good news here Rainy Pete!!!

12:00:00 PM  
Blogger jeanie said...

Best wishes for your Dad's recovery.

I thought your pain was from sitting in those hard plastic chairs for too long!

Up here in the sticks you might get a free park near a hospital, but down in the Big Smoke it can cost up to $20 a day!

5:05:00 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your dad!

7:48:00 PM  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

Tough times, glad he's over that big hump. Good thoughts for you guys Pete!

6:45:00 PM  
Blogger jcpiercy said...

hey pete , so glad to hear the news .
Im leaving to come home May25 and get back to visit my Mom Grandma and Aunt

Im well to aware of the dangers lurking in the hospitals ,,
My dad was going to the Cancer Clinic in 2003 during the SARS event . Nothing is more unnerving to see a wall of white gowns and masks before you step into the hospital .

Before I travelled to MB , my grandmothers nursinghome was on lockdown due to a airborne virus .

My advice to all that visit hospitals and nursinghomes WASH YOUR HANDS , ALWAYS and stay away if you are sick.

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery to your Dad .

Keep your Chin up !

See you soon

JP

7:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links