Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Zombie Attack in the Town!

Ahhh Halloween! It would only be better if it lasted longer. While not everyone is into the horror and scary nature of this great time of year, there are other lurking in the shadows that revel in it. This year I was fortunate to discover another such as I. Martini decided that this year would be a good year for a zombie attack, and I was invited along for the ride. We arrived at our launching point so we could get the official zombie briefing. Such rules as "no actual eating of human flesh, especially that of the innocent bystanders" were laid out to avoid the involvement of the local law enforcement. Once the ground rules were established it was time to attack. It all started in a bank, where I really hope they watch the security tapes, because that would make for a hilarious moment or two!! After storming the bank it was on to the main event.

The designated victims were scattered down the tranquil street in wait of the attackers' arrival. With the zombies growing in numbers it was getting to be fairly unsafe for photographers, so I headed for higher ground.


The attacks continued, unrelenting until the zombie horde arrived at the pub for some drinks and entertainment. They grabbed a bite to eat, and played some of the typical bar games. We admired the props,
and struck a few poses


We reveled in that fact that we were able to freak some people out so badly that they actually turned their vehicles around to flee the scene of the attacks. We even had the locals calling out for us to stop so they could snap pictures. All in all, I'd say the walk was a huge success. The horde eventually shambled back to Martini's for a sweet Halloween party and the clock rolled on, then rolled back an hour and then rolled on some more, but I had to shamble off home.

When the night was all over and I headed home I sort of forgot about the makeup and everything until I grabbed a coffee on the way home. I wandered in to the shop and asked for a coffee and the clerk stood dumbfounded in front of me. After a few moments of stunned silence she asked me in a very wavery and nervous voice "Are you alright?" It took me a second before I realized what she was talking about to which I replied "Oh yeah! I cut myself shaving, it's nothing to worry about". She remained unconvinced, but the real problem was I still wasn't getting my coffee. I leaned in closely and whispered "It's Halloween". A wave of relief washed over her face and she finally got my coffee. The really funny part is that when I was walking out with my coffee I was watching a group of thuggish looking guys approach the door. The two in the lead grimaced with disgust and got out of my way. Yeehaw! The undead rock!


You can check out the rest of the pics here.

and the videos here

14 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That looked like FUN!!! Loved the video! I just watched "Land of the Dead" and you guys would've been perfect in that movie! :)

8:36:00 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

That looked like so much fun, i bow down to you king of halloween. You guys were even at my favourite pub (haven't been there in 3 years, so no worries). Can you explain the rules more? Did you create more zombies?
Can I join next year?

10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

What fantastically great pictures you captured. But the best part is the video - what a way to remember the night - and it's all thanks to you!

10:55:00 AM  
Blogger TheatreChick73 said...

You all look like you are having a horrorifically fun time! Can I join next year?

12:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome way to spend halloween!!! Color me jealous!!!

1:53:00 PM  
Blogger sands of time said...

That looked so much fun.You all look quite scary.

2:06:00 PM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

So that's what shambling looks like?

Great make-up.

5:56:00 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

yay pictures!
It was good to meet you on Saturday, Pete.

6:35:00 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

fun fun! happy hallowen!

9:07:00 PM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

That is the best ever post I have ever read. Ever! You are so f**king cool Pete! I want you to be my best friend for life!

Wondy x

12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

hey Pete, I just wanted to point out that when trying to view the videos, a "hotlinking is forbidden" type error/warning message pops up instead of the video.

12:56:00 PM  
Blogger Marj said...

I love halloween! Good to see you had fun too!

~wyn

2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

Utterly brilliant.

We have zombies here as well - we call them 'the locals'.

12:54:00 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I think about zombies so much there's probably a 50/50 chance if I saw you all shambling around I'd grab the nearest heavy object and start walloping. I wonder if cops would accept that?

11:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links