Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Packing Up And Heading Out

Pic blatantly pilfered from Rick Primeau's collection
Sorry for the absence and half-assed posts, but I've been a fairly busy soul. In the last week or so I managed to get myself outed from the hockey survivor contest. Deciding to put our sanity and free time at absolute peril the wife and I decided it was time to search for and purchase another house. Having completed this task we further sacrificed our sanity by then listing our current one. In a week it will be officially sold too, once the conditions are met (which is fairly impressive considering we signed the offer last night after the listing went active on Monday). It's been a lot of work, but will be worth it in the end as we will have lots of room and some funky new digs in which to relocate casa Rainy and it's unbalanced occupants. The best part is that it has enough backyard for the kids, the dog and a herd or two of goats (which we aren't likely to purchase unless gasoline for lawnmower gets too expensive). You know if do get some though, that I'm getting these guys.

And if you think I've been busy maybe you should hop over to a different blog where tenants of a different sort have been forcibly evicted. For those of you that have been hanging around here for a while you may recall a general call for well wishers for Minerva as she embarked on her difficult journey through the mystical world of breast cancer. She went under the knife on St Patrick's day so no green beer for her! She is through the surgery and is doing well. Stop by and give something to read as she kills time in the hospital with her brother's notebook until they let her know she can head home again. I hope the eviction went well.

Enough of the fluffy personal crap that you don't really come here for and back to the entertainment. I leave you with one of the neatest ads for my favourite mud that I've seen in a while (which is not to be clicked on if you have dialup).

9 Comments:

Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

i hope all is well for minerva....

the evolution link made me laugh, great way to start the day!

(i am the new [and improved?] ms creek)

9:14:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That's you jogging in front of the house. Right?

10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Good luck with the house business and eventually the move!

1:11:00 PM  
Blogger Celti said...

Hey, sweet! New digs are always fun. ...and that commercial is awesome!

1:24:00 PM  
Blogger Sisiggy said...

Go ahead! Move into your dumb ol' new house. See if I care. I'll just sit here with the creeping mold of doom while some people get to enjoy spacious living they weren't even thinking about when I was busy breaking my back whining about trying to get my house done.

I'm just going to go sit in a corner and pout. Me and my fungus.

2:04:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

It is also not to be clicked on if you work on a 15 year old Mac. You know what our I.T. dept. said to me the other day? They've thrown computers in the garbage that were newer than mine.

Then again, those were PCs, which says a lot for Macs.

6:38:00 PM  
Blogger Laura Brown said...

I can't believe you are leaving behind all your most excellent home renovations. Good luck with the moving and hope the new house comes with goats for all that backyard. Grass cutting isn't my favourite sport either.

8:03:00 PM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I was wondering what happend to my house...now I know....someone must have moved it!

11:41:00 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

I really want to move to a bigger house with a nice big yard. But it was so stressful buying the place I have, that I'm not sure it's worth going through it again.

3:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links