Monday, March 06, 2006

Rolling Up The Debt

Well it's "Roll Up The Rim To Win" time again! I put it in quotes as I seem to have perfected the Roll Up part, but have yet to pull off the win. At stake are prizes including food and coffee, barbecues, $1000.00 in cash, 50" televisions and a new SUV. Well they call it an SUV but it looks an awful lot like a jacked up station wagon. In the quest to win a prize or two, what I end up doing is drinking far too much coffee. The primary problem is that the cups are too damn polite. Here in Canada we are suckers for good manners and Tim Hortons is too damn smart for the likes of us. They capitalize on our weakness by printing polite cups.
Damn your manners

The whole mess started on February 27th and three days later I was vibrating enough to contract out to the paint counter at the local Home Depot. Not to mention having spent every available penny on coffees. My only saving grace was that Tims doesn't take credit cards. This was good until I discovered I could take cash out of bank machines with my credit card so it began anew. I was running from the debt collectors and jittering around like an unbalanced tire. So it was off to one week of intensive coffee detox for me. For 5 days straight I was beaten with empty red contest cups and used coffee filters to the point that when anyone offered me a coffee I curled up in a ball in the corner, rocking back and forth screaming "NOT SO HARRRD!".

I'm glad to say I'm back and functional, but seem to have developed some sort of narcolepsy. I'm sure it's unrelated, but I'm keeping an eye on it when I can keep one open long enough.

For more tips and information of the rolling of the rims such as how to roll a rim (an action some people are "chronic"ally good at), and trivia facts like the addition of an arrow to the cup to guide the mentally incompetent to the prize section, check out their site.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well im a Tim Hortons winner this morning.Just a free coffee though.

11:24:00 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

I read your whole post and still have no idea what "rolling a rim" means.

4:37:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

me too, violet! have no idea what the dang post is even about! did you stop drinking coffee? what contest? must be a canadian thing?

6:33:00 PM  
Blogger Laura Brown said...

I roll up the rim with my teeth.

I was visiting my brother and bought us each a coffee, brought them back to his place. Of course, he won a free coffee and I just had that same polite rim, suggesting I try again.

Roll Up the Rim is a contest started by a Canadian coffee chain, called Tim Hortons. You roll up the rim of your paper coffee cup and see if you won anything.

PS - Pete you are one rolled up individual. :)

10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Mark Leslie said...

Ah, sounds like you're a true Hamiltonian. You should start a support group - lots of us need this help too.

8:45:00 AM  
Blogger Cyn Bagley said...

oh, oh... roll up the rim.. ROFL so Canadian... so so ARGH!

11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Sure, blame the juice on your absence.

We missed you at our site, though. :)

2:01:00 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

That please play again looks familiar.
I think the SUV is a free lease if it is like last year.
Costs more to win it than any of the other prizes.
And yes we are politely put down.
Thank you.

2:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links