Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Maintenance mayhem

Ahh spring. The time is upon us, according to the calendar (the weather is a different story entirely. As the season rolls over I find it is time to fix things. Yard equipment is usually in need of the preseason tuneup. The fence has some boards that didn't winter too well. Things that the winter didn't allow you to get to outside can get to being done. Not to be ignoring this time of year I decided to tune up the lawnmower as you can see here



Not to be outdone I decided to move on to more demanding things. My big lens for my camera started misbehaving so I tore it down and found the source of the problem to be a tiny screw smaller than a grain of rice that had slipped its moorings.



My daughter is constantly bringing me things that have been trashed by little hands and so far I can fix them. She has become quite entertaining with her perceptions of my repair skills though. When I was over at my brother in law's house for dinner he couldn't get his barbecue started. When my daughter wandered over she said"is is broken Uncle?" to which he told her it was. As she turned to walk away she stated matter of factly "Daddy can fix it!". This is bad for the ego as I'm starting to believe her. Then again, when I was little my Dad used to say he could fix anything but the crack of dawn and a broken heart. I'm starting to think I should try those next!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if you find you can fix a broken heart then you know where I am!! My dad could fix almost anything too, I reckon thats one of the rules of being dad!

3:14:00 PM  
Blogger LK said...

Fill the crack of dawn with about one hour and four coffees - it'll be gone in no time. 'Tis only a temporary solution mind you.

7:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.info

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

11:20:00 PM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

Note to self: Strike Pete from possible DIY buddies list...

9:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links