Thursday, April 19, 2007

HNT #68

HNT is upon us again.

A welcome escape from the rigors of day to day life.

While most of us strive to forget the stresses of work and seek temporary reprieves from our financial woes others suffer heavier fates.

We turn on our television and tune to the news to a constant flow of heartache and sorrow from far away places and involving people we may never know.

Sometimes the gift of geography doesn't isolate us though.

The killings at Viriginia Tech weigh heavy on the minds of many of us. Especially, I've noticed, among those of us who attend or work at universities of colleges.

My sympathies and prayers go out to those lives shattered by the events of that horrible morning and while I take things like this as an example of why we should treasure and value the fragile and tenuous lives we are given, I find myself strained to handle it all.

My head and my heart have taken all they can hold for a day or two so I seek escape in reading.








Join the fun and click the button. Go on click it now!

Press it! Preesss iiiiit!!!




Looking to escape the realities of your day to day life? ThenUseless Advice From Useless Men is the place for you. We've been out of touch with reality for quite some time now.

12 Comments:

Blogger Blissfully Wed said...

Nice words you wrote.

And, as always, your pic is hilarious.

HHNT!

~Him

7:41:00 AM  
Blogger LushlyMe said...

If the book is so Nasty why are there such pretty flowers on the cover? HHNT!

7:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up...great pic!
HHNT

8:28:00 AM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

LMAO, would you like to make my favourite Pics night? Happy HNT!

8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Gosh, you can be terribly entertaining, can't you?

1:11:00 PM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

That's not the word my wife usually uses.

1:27:00 PM  
Blogger Moosekahl said...

sometimes we have to do whatever it takes to make it feel better. Happy HNT

9:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your humor... both are welcome at such times...
Happy HNT!

9:55:00 PM  
Blogger LadyXandria said...

You always brighten up my Thursdays. HHNT!

11:04:00 PM  
Blogger Laura Brown said...

I really appreciate your wife. :)

12:25:00 AM  
Blogger Laura Brown said...

Probably your in-laws too.

12:26:00 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Haha! That's a funny pic

5:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links