Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A time to remember

Well look at that. This thing's still here waiting for me!

For anyone who still remembers where to find this I hope you stop in. If you don't then I hope you at least took time to remember those that put their lives on the line so we may enjoy the life we have today. Even those that gave their very lives to stand up for what they believed in. In this day and age it unfortunately seems to be a rare trait in people that they believe so strongly in anything that they would take such a stand. In a day where people treat their lives and their freedom with such reckless abandon it is good to stop and remember those that showed us that sometimes it isn't about ourselves at all. Sometimes we must be apart of a grander plan and stand up to do the right thing no matter how difficult it may seem.

For all of you I say thank you for without your brave actions my branch of the family tree would be bare. With my father being from England it is unlikely that if anyone took a stand that he would have been around to come to Canada. Not to mention that my wife is of German and Dutch descent so she too wouldn't be here. That then removes the existence of my kids from this world as well. Such a soulless act by so many strangers to stand up and fight for good was performed just so I could be here today. Not that they were fighting for me specifically but it really is hard not to think of it that way and understand that if they could put so much on the line, how hard is it for me to remember them for their bravery. I can never forget and try very hard to show my children as they grow up that they too should be grateful for all that fought and all that continue to fight so that we can remain free.

I'm not saying for a second that war is a good thing, and if it all ended tomorrow I would be thrilled. That being said, as long as there are those out there that wish people harm, I'm proud of the people who draw that line in the sand and make it known that some of us are willing to take a stand. That there are things in the world that should not be tolerated. With so much that has been given, please take a moment of your time to remember those that made it possible...............

2 Comments:

Blogger Le laquet said...

I had a lovely 5 minutes with an old soldier - very flirty eventhough he was in his 80s - buying my poppy at the supermarket last week. He offered to pin my poppy on and I said I was dangerous with pins. He commented that it was a long time since he'd spent much time with a Welsh girl who couldn't be trusted. He got a kiss out of me for that comment ~ I had all the time in the world for him.

1:43:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

Does it not seem like the reasons for wars are getting less and less valid? (thanks to dubya) It's sad to think that - because soldiers lives are at risk as much as they ever have been.

1:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links