Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Admire Me or Pity Me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Despite an attempt at procuring tickets to the main event I found myself without tickets to the release of the most anticipated movie in a long time. As a result I found myself in a position to grab tickets to a local showing. I hesitated for a moment of time not measurable with modern technology and got the tickets.

As A direct result I will find myself stood outside of a movie theater at an hour when most sane people are snuggling down into their warm cozy beds. Luckily for me I am neither sane, nor do I sleep much.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I can only hope that the line-up is a managed slice of chaos. Let's be honest folks, when this many people emerge from their basements for the first time in years you can't exactly expect a queue like you'd find at the library. I expect so long as there is no major events such as the projectionist coming out to say the reels haven't arrived the whole event won't descend into the chaos seen above, although I got a mental picture of the staff inside trying to figure out who was going to go out and break the news if it had happened.


"You there! Newbie!"
"Yes Sir?"
"Are you married son?"
"No, sir"
"then you're our man"
"But they've got lightsabers sir!"
"Get a hold of yourself son, they're only plastic!"
"Ok sir, tell my girlfriend I love her"


After emerging to give the news there is stunned silence closely followed by a mob scene to rival the end of The Blues Brothers.

Good or bad folks, you can expect my bleary eyed entry tomorrow. Unless I get annihilated in the chase, or if one of those basement dwellers actually perfected a working lightsaber.

May the Force be with me. That or a whackload of caffeine, either way I'll make it through.

Tell my wife and kids I love them.



9 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Good luck!

If they don't lop off both your hands with a functional lightsaber, do blog and let us know how it went! :)

8:46:00 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Good luck in your quest. Use the force!

9:00:00 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I hope you survive your epic adventure..

9:49:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

My youngest has been counting down the days and would queue up at the local theatre now if he could.

Are you going to live-blog?

11:32:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I love the newbie-boss exchange. :) I'm sorta excited about the movie too, now.

11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

good luck.. . ::saluting you with my light saber::

11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

I love Darth Vader

6:35:00 PM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

I love Darth Vader

6:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an event! (I love the Blues Brothers, too)
blue2go

8:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links