Friday, June 10, 2005

Hooray I'm Veerd!

You Are 35% Normal

(Occasionally Normal)




    You sure do march to your own beat...
    But you're so weird, people wonder if it's a beat at all
    You think on a totally different wavelength
    And it's often a chore to get people to understand you



Those that know me
can attest to that simple fact. I don't see things like the rest of the world. in fact, the world would be better off worrying about itself all smogged up and getting overdeveloped. The sooner it starts paying attention to itself the better off we'll be.

It is likely due to this oddness that I find this book so helpful. A brilliant piece of satire that contains many helpful tips including the shunning of psychiatry, my favourite flexible "science". Handled right, psychology can be useful to a certain extent, but basically it has been used as a system of blaming others for your lack of success, lack of happiness and all other problems in your life.

This is funny because a key element of the book is along those lines only it take it all a lot further with the The Seven Steps to Bliss!

    1: Stop thinking! - empty your brain!
    2: Shift the Blame! - blame others!
    3: Lose touch with your feelings! - delete your emotions!
    4: Build Walls! - keep out everything but you!
    5: Avoid Challenges! - never fail by never trying to succeed!
    6: Believe in Yourself! - love you and only you!
    7: Deny, Deny, Deny! - your truth is the only truth!


This is a great look at the fallout from the modern enlightenment that enslaves us all. Take a step backwards folks, lets join the cause and be happy like our ancestors were. If ignorance truly is bliss, as they say, then we should all strive to as ignorant as we can possibly be in order to be truly happy.

The less we know the better. Cast off the shackles of education and psychology. Run free in the wilds with our brethrenetheren.

I'm going to pick out my cave before they're all snapped up by backward thinking folk like me.

10 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

You Are 55% Normal
(Somewhat Normal)




While some of your behavior is quite normal...
Other things you do are downright strange
You've got a little of your freak going on
But you mostly keep your weirdness to yourself

is that good or bad? or 50% good and 50% bad

8:28:00 AM  
Blogger dan said...

I got the same results as fizzy, exactly the same

10:32:00 AM  
Blogger bounce said...

but i've been following those rules all my life... and all it got me was the same dayum place as all those people who were following the opposite of those rules...
i just don't get it.

12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

wow i got 65% normal
i am very disappointed

1:59:00 PM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

The reviewer holds no responsibility for the content of the reviewed product. All concerns can be directed to this man
http://getstupid.biz/about.html

Poor Bounce, you need to try less.

and..

It's ok Ruth, we still love ya!

3:31:00 PM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

I got the same as Dan & Fizzy .. interesting!!

5:57:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I am apparently 65% normal. Hardly worth mentioning, I think.

6:23:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hmm...60% normal.

"Otherwise known as the normal amount of normal
You're like most people most of the time
But you've got those quirks that make you endearing
You're unique, yes... but not frighteningly so!"

Not sure I like that. I WANT to frighten someone, sheesh.

12:27:00 AM  
Blogger LK said...

I got 45% normal - I'm wondering what you others said to get past 50? I'm not sure what this means but it looks like I'm in good company.

6:35:00 AM  
Blogger L said...

sounds like a great way to live

1:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links