Monday, May 30, 2005

Naked Paris Hilton Sex

I've heard so much about weird blogger hits from google searches I thought I would see if it's true that strange titles can bring 'em in.

Those who know me are aware of my relationship with my hair. I have the same sort of agreement with it as I do with politics. It isn't something I'm fond of but it will be around whether I agree with the purpose or not. Granted my hair won't cost the country millions of dollars, I still have my reservations about it.

When I was younger I decided that since I had hair I may as well have fun with it. It grew it down to my belt (I had to keep it that short because when it got longer I always sat on it and that was adding to the aggravation of having hair. When I decided one day at random, after telling everyone there was no way in hell I was cutting my hair, that it was time for it to go I had company. A friend of mine decided that his ample mop had to go too (maybe he was getting tired of being called Jesus, I don't know). We wandered off to the hair cutting place where the lady proceeded to ask me about 20 times if I was sure. After being asked the 19th time I expected the scissors and she asked again. I told her if she didn't want to make money I'd go do it myself with a pair of dull scissors and then sit in the parking lot asking people what they thought of the job they did inside. My hair instantly got much, much shorter.

So when this same friend told me he was dared by a person at work to participate in a hair related charity event I had to join in with him. Here in Canada we have an event called Cops For Cancer which supports cancer research. In my life, cancer has collected a grand total of bone marrow, a testicle, an entire uterus and reproductive system and 3 lives (2 grandparents and my mother-in-law). Obviously these don't come from me, but they were close enough to me that I think it's time that for a change, I should be the one to collect for it this time. Since I'm lazy and not at all like Terry Fox running isn't an option unless I collect pledges by the inch. Therefore, in two weeks time I will be shaving my misshapen head for money. I like no hair in concept but my head looks somewhat like a cantaloupe that has been roughly thrown about the room.

After mentioning that I was going to do an entry for this I was told by a fellow blogger that I should put a plea for support on my page. I'm not sold on the idea but, to appease them I hereby say that if you feel the need to support someone who you don't really know from a hole in the ground, then click here to let me know and I'll give you the info you need to do so.

More importantly, tune in after June the 11th and I'll be sure to have pictures and results from the event. i have no technology available to me to send it as it happens or I'd give that a crack so I'll give a recap of the day. It should be interesting, the day before we are riding a 30 person bike for another charity in which the start and finish point is a pub here in town. Beer and bikes should make for an interesting event.

Mmmmm hangover haircut.......

5 Comments:

Blogger Schotzy said...

You are such a good guy send me the info I'll bite. S

9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Good cause. My mother was taken out by cancer. I've given to various charities in the past but I never thought about cutting my hair for charity.

No...I think I'll pass on the bald business. But I do like your idea of live blogging the event.

10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Very nice! I love to help people and to give to a good cause. Just not my hair. :)

I can't wait to see the pictures!

12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I ran a google search for "naked paris hilton sex" and you weren't even on the first page!

Looking forward to seeing your baldy pictures. I'm involved in my roommate's 60 km walk for breast cancer research. It's so sad when you realize just how many lives have been affected by cancer. Good for you for joining the cause.

6:40:00 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

I'm gonna have to try the weird title thing. I never thought about that before.

11:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links