Thursday, June 09, 2005

National Headache Awareness Week: June 5-11


I am aware of headaches and get them myself. This tragic condition could be attributed to many things. Maybe it is the people that roam the streets of our world, self absorbed and disconnected, although I don't really care what the rest of the world is doing or thinking at the best of times so that's not likely it. Maybe it is because I sleep very little in terms of "normal" people, although in my opinion I am the normal soul and you closet narcoleptics with your constant need for sleep are the outcasts so that isn't likely it either. It could be all the caffeine I drink, but coffee and I get along too well to be on non-speaking terms so I can't believe that would be it. It could be because of the extra hair I have accumulated waiting for this weekend's shearing to occur, but I don't think that's it either.

Nope, I've decided it's the little the head gnomes that dwell inside my so called mind. Could you guys try to swing your tiny hammers with less vigor, it's like living next door to a woodpecker. It is they who are responsible for the drivel you read here. When tasked with something to do they simply approach it in their odd way and just toss out half-baked solutions. It is my opinion that they are obviously drinkers, that or extreme believers in better living through recreational chemistry. Three cheers to them for making life a lot more fun though. I'm not sure which one of is at the wheel or if you take turns but good on ya! By tossing the equilibrium of reality aside and forging your own path through the murky life before me you have caused some serious fun in your wake.

Oh, no .......

Hang on.......

It was probably because I stood up into the bottom of that shelf a couple of nights ago.

Never mind the gnome thing, my head isn't quite right, but it should get better soon (don't you all just wish that were true).

But just in case, thanks again little gnomes for your consideration in this matter.

12 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That first picture of the gnome with the arrow thru his head cracked me up!!!

I had a nasty headache last night...grrr.

8:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such funny pictures! I used to get lots of headaches, too. Fresh air seems to help, I guess. Nothing helps totally, though.
blue2go

9:12:00 AM  
Blogger Schotzy said...

I had never considered gnomes as the cause of headaches, but after reading your post that does make sense and by damn it sure does feel like the little suckers are in there with sledge hammers when I have a headache. S

10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Today, I am more concerned about backaches rather than headaches. Oh wait, my head is aching too, but my back was taking my mind off it -- so to speak.

10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Miss_Vicki said...

great post, that's a trip :)

have your gnomes call my gnomes and we'll do aspirin or something ;)

10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

My roommate and I enjoyed the photo with the gnome and the arrow. :)

12:49:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

the gnomes are dangerous international travelers who pretend to be stationary in peoples gardens...

12:56:00 PM  
Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

I don't understand gnomes.


For lots of reasons:

How do they fit into the patriarchy?

What is their gender? How do we know? Has anyone ever seen gnome genitalia?

Why the stupid "g"?

Why do people want little white old men in their gardens? are they gardians? of what?

How do gnomes reproduce?


Hope you never have another headache as long as you live--but did you know excessive caffeine causes headaches???
I try not to believe it either.

1:42:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Ahhhhhhhhh....the gnomes! I would have never guessed that they were the guilty ones!

It can't be coffee. Coffee is a GOOD thing and no such thing as too much!

4:53:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Maybe it cos you haven't had enough coffee? Bashing ya head on that shelf can't have helped either *rolls eyes* lol

4:59:00 PM  
Blogger Mayo said...

Oh dear...well this is queit a travisty....now isn't it. What are we to do....I being the caring person I am, connot sit here in the cyber world and read this happen to you. The Gnomes have gone out of hand...and it tis not exceptable. We must revolt, organize and revolutionize. Start taking in acount what recources we have to knock these buggers out, are you with me.........Do you smell that? My moms making this really good rice stuff..........sorry Pete....gotta go!

8:22:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Anyone have some Excedrine or Advil? Ha, Ha.

3:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links