Friday, June 17, 2005

What Would You Do?

My breath quickens and his palms begin to sweat. Prickles of sweat begin to form on my brow. As I get ready to move in, I feel the cold feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. Furtively I glances around to see if anyone else has noticed the panic yet.

The fear of being noticed courses through my body like a runaway train. My scalp begins tingle as the blood rushes to his head as he feels his face redden. Shiftin from foot to foot, I try to ease the tension. The panic starts to build now as the clock rolls another second off, clenching my heart in its icy grasp.

Preparing my mind, convincing myself that I need to be there, that I have no choice but to be there. I've been stood here for an eternity and can't leave now. Leaving would mean starting all over again, effectively destroying all the hard work put in so far. Forcing the urge to flee down into the depths of my stomach I swallows a metallic lump for the eighth time and take one last breath. Steeling myself for the job ahead I begins moving.

Creeping towards my final objective with apparent speed of a glacier, I resist the urge to run screaming into the open. I do the only thing I can and lean to one side ever so slightly. I'm certain that someone will smack me in the back of the head and tell me off, or at the very least shoot me a disapproving glance, when suddenly the woman behind me tells her husband that he is disgusting for doing that in a public place. My number is called and I quickly flee the situation revelling in his confusion as I walk away.

Don't you just hate long line ups??

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! It's so boring to wait, except the people watching can be a (small) plus.
blue2go

8:33:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

So that was YOU in front of me and The Peanut King the other day, huh? ;)

Yeah, I hate lines too.....:)

9:11:00 AM  
Blogger Schotzy said...

Waiting is on the list of my least favorite things to do.

10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

lol ok you made ME anxious with that...

10:51:00 AM  
Blogger dan said...

thanks for bringing some light relief into my world.

i love how you call it a line-up as opposed to a queue.

it could have been worse, it could have been in a lift, or elevator as some people prefer to call them.

rofl.

1:31:00 PM  
Blogger Miss_Vicki said...

LMAO that's great!!!

3:52:00 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

It's better to elch and belch and be ashamed than ease and squeeze and suffer pain. ROTF

9:53:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

My mom always said, "Better out than in."

She was wrong.

10:08:00 AM  
Blogger jon said...

I don't care who you are, a good fart post is always funny.

10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Eeeww...God help me I thought you were in a dangerous situation then..but eeeww lol

3:18:00 AM  
Blogger Mayo said...

oh Pete......

(how many different emotions can be gathered from that comment)

p.s. Sorry Pete.....thanks for always commenting on my blog....

6:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links