Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Bathroom Bling


It was like an Extreme Home Makeover only without the extreme. And it took a lot longer than 7 days. And it was only one room. And there was only really me, with some help from a crippled Jodster..........but other than that it was just like the show. Ok so maybe not, but I thought it would have been fun to run around with a megaphone until my wife began beating me with it.

I realized that people didn't really get to see the old bathroom so here is a quick tour of the "before"

The tub was old and crusty so it was a last minute eviction victim.

The sink has had its replacement lurking about the house for about a year now.

The old toilet had been condemned by my wife.  After the things I've done to it, this was really a mercy killing.

This is what a bathroom looks like if it gets forcibly reinstalled into a van.










And now the shiny new one. Since I found leaky pipes and an electrical box with a rag stuffed in it, the plumbing and electrical were both reworked to avoid leaks and fires. The room was re-sheeted and ceramics installed on floor and tub surround. A new bathtub, toilet and sink installed and an exhaust fan was installed to clear the steamy shower air (and objectionable aromas). Since I still had to go to work I think that's not too shabby for 3 weekends and a couple of hours each weeknight. I reckon I managed to put in about 8-9 full days of work despite a job, a child, a family barbecue and various mishaps and pitfalls. It's pretty but careful what you touch, some of the paint is still wet I think.





18 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ahhh! Nice! :)

I LOVE IT when a project is finally complete...especially when you've done it yourself!

Congrats! :)

9:41:00 AM  
Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

fantastic work--mine next!

10:04:00 AM  
Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

btw--have you seen the happy bunny that says: "Hi! I made a little sculpture of you!" and it is sitting on the toilet?

So rude. I just saw it last night at a mall and saw your bathroom post this morning--toilet humor is so crude . . .

10:06:00 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

How very clever of you! Looks great!

10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

I don't know why you wanted to avoid leaks and fires. Water and heat are what keeps us humans alive.
You...um.... ARE human.... aren't you?

11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Very Nice! We have to tackle our bathroom very soon. I hope it ends up looking like yours.

I hate that megaphone. I want to grab it from Ty and smash it on the ground.

11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

don't you think the toilet will make a nice flower pot outside next to the sandbox. what the heck is sitting on the back of the NEW toilet?

2:31:00 PM  
Blogger ramblin' girl said...

great job... I hired a contractor to do my bathroom, they screwed up the tiles, so it's still not done, a year later!

3:02:00 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

The new bathroom looks great.
Is the old toilet outside for odour control. It would be a good way to keep the new one smelling nice..

5:18:00 PM  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Oooooh....Ahhhhh....Audience clapping

5:58:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

yay, new bathroom! arguably, the most important room in the house, so a snazzy, leak and fire free, one is always of utmost importance.

11:20:00 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Beautiful work!!!

Good job!!

8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

great job! we've recently moved into our new house, ok it was 2 months ago but we're both working full-time ok? anyway, I KNOW how much work it is, it took my husband over a week to refinish (with my help) a door frame that had been *gasp* painted and install a new french door in place of the old.

Point is, I KNOW you've done a great job and in so little time as well. C'mon we're amateurs here! Not like the designers and that on those makeover houses....they've got lots of manpower and knowledge going into those dealies. You've done marvelous.

8:56:00 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

YAY it's finished!

We had to redo our bathroom a few years ago because the toilet was sinking into the the crawl space.

The two of you did a great job.

9:07:00 AM  
Blogger dan said...

i think happy and blue's idea is great.

10:29:00 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Good job! I bet the neighbors love the new yard decorations.

12:49:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Is that the bathroom or nathroom? LOL

1:22:00 PM  
Blogger L said...

I love those little pedestal sinks-- they're perfect for small or odd spaces where you'd have possible difficulties with a regular old-fashioned sink.

1:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links