Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Flaming Pete

No, I'm not insinuating that my marriage is a sham used to hide my true tastes. It's merely a reference to my incendiary grilling style.

With the summer dwindling into the distant past, the days and nights get cooler and eventually another tropical winter of minus 100 with ice and snow will descend. I'll miss the heat, but refuse to give up the barbecuing. Being male, I am of the solid belief that everything tastes better when grilled. Sure bacon and eggs can be tricky, but they are tastier on the grill. I'm one of those strange creatures who enjoys grilled food all year round. Whether rainy or snowy, sweltering heat or freezing cold, I'll still fire up the grill and sear up some meat and veg for dinner.

With the loss of summer also comes the loss of warm weather sport and excitement. Skydiving becomes a bad idea due to the extreme cold at higher altitudes, although a bad landing is far more comfortable in the snow. Motorcycles are useless in the snow and slush and paintball games become a little shorter because of the threat of exposure to the elements claiming body parts. Even the extreme sport of swimming in our local harbour and defying death by toxin and bacteria gets out of reach.

To stave off the lack of the summertime thrill and fight the blistering cold of winter I have modified the simple task of grilling food into a more extreme sport. By combining the essential tedium of cooking dinner with my lust for excitement I have also discovered a means of not freezing to death in the winter weather as well. A careful application of flame results in tasty food and toasty hands, but don't take my word for it, you be the judge!




At least when the fire department arrives I usually ahve something for them to eat.

11 Comments:

Blogger sands of time said...

LOL looks like me when i try to BBQ.Everyone looks at which article of food is least burnt.

10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

personally, I like a little flame charred food, I live for flare ups, course, hubby doesn't really like 'em and usually takes over at that point. :o)

11:51:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

I'm guessing you have no arm hair, eh Pete?

2:17:00 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

that flame is awful close to the window!

4:59:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Can I join you for dinner?

5:53:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

is that why your hair is all shaved off?

6:42:00 PM  
Blogger dan said...

glad to see some one shares my culinary skills. we are a dying breed.

3:29:00 AM  
Blogger mrhaney said...

you are just making me hungry again and i just ate. now that i have read your post i am going to have to cook out. i wonder where my grill is.

10:05:00 PM  
Blogger L said...

heh heh heh. I've read that men prefer barbeque to indoor cooking because fire and danger are involved...

10:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

hey - and you still have a window sill!

10:23:00 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Aren't you glad you got rid of the scalp hair? It looks like you'd probably have lost it at some point anyway! You take your eggs well-done it seems.

6:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links