Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Crime! Tremble in fear!

Now there's a real hero!
Turning again to the Institute of Strange and Entertaining Holidays resulted in an amusing observation. Today is Cartoonists Against Crime Day! Now am I alone in finding this to be funny or not? Somehow the concept of these cartoonists out fighting crime is hilarious. Waving their pencils and colors at the criminals should stop them in their tracks.

Imagine poor 83 year old Bil Keane, out there in tights and a cape screaming "Halt Evildoer!" like The Tick. Although the criminals may be paralyzed with laughter upon seeing him that way so who's to say it won't work. The chase scenes would look pretty strange though, what with that dotted trail following him everywhere they ran.

Bow before my pasty complexion and knowledge of corporate structure.This goes doubly so for Scott Adams. Unless he was to don the superhero of choice for the nerd subculture known as Biclops, he wouldn't stand a chance. Even then he probably wouldn't stand a chance. Of course he could just beat them to death with the rolls of cash he makes lampooning the working work and cubicle farms of today. How can't you love the man who brings us the true nature of HR departments and pointy haired bosses.

Spacemen Spiff to the rescue!Of course, all this is merely banter when you consider the likes of Bill Watterson. If any of these cartoonists could pull it off then this is your man. My inspiration in snowman building and a role model in all that I do. I still sit in a cardboard box and travel through space and time. The wife just shakes her head, but the kids are getting older and they will likely jump in for the ride too.

Maybe I should take up crime fighting in the night time. It worked for the Mystery Men so I think I could pull it off. The only problem is what I could do for my special power. I could become the Pasty Avenger that I've so longed to be and blind people with my soft, untanned flesh, but the risk of exposure to innocents is too great. Maybe I could take a course at the Lonely Annex Adult Education Center and be Sarcastro and take down villains with my wit and sarcastic retorts.

Yeah, that'd work out well.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

YOu are quite correct in your assumption that this is a silly "day". I mean, don't most cartoonists depict crime much of the time? hmm....

1:12:00 PM  
Blogger Kev And Charlotte said...

Hey did you care at all for the Tick live action series? I thought it had it 's moments. I've got it lying around somewheres....

3:06:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

You gotta give them some credit. They're masses of flesh and bone. I think at least one of those guys is thick enough to stop a bullet. Bil Keane is looking a bit too frail, though. Perhaps he could hold up a paper shield.

5:43:00 PM  
Blogger Carol (Smiles and Laughter) said...

I hope they don't start laying off the police force because they have the word that Pasty Avenger is going to save the day. lol!

11:32:00 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

What a thought. What a worry. Very Funny though.

2:56:00 AM  
Blogger Minerva said...

*laughing*

Minerva

7:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links