Monday, October 10, 2005

Be Thankful


So it's that time of the year again. Canadian thanksgiving is upon us and with it comes a season of waistline expanding food and celebration. A time to celebrate what we are grateful for and care about. Immediately after the big turkey dinner, most of us are simply thankful for stretchy pants and a couch to lay upon. Once the tryptophan in the turkey wears off and we are a little more lucid we can usually come up with better things. As such here are a few of mine,
    My beautiful wife and children. I'll be more thankful when the little one sleeps through the night and the older one stops making dinner into a theatrical affair, but I wouldn't trade it for the world..

    The fact that I can go out of my house without worrying about being shot for some random reason. This, of course, is contingent on not giving the wife a reason to shoot me for a specific reason. Oh yeah.......

    And for living in Canada where there are gun control laws limiting her ability to acquire firearms.

    Having water to drink that won't have me worrying about illness, which works out well since the rest f the stuff I drink causes some pretty severe ill effects afterwards.

    My health. With looks like these and a mind like mine, the last thing I need is to be fighting off any kind of illness.
    Digital photography allows me to burn off some creative juices without going bankrupt with developing costs. Maybe my wife is more thankful for this money saver than I am as if I shot this many pictures on regular film we'd have to live in a shack.

    My friends. Despite me being me I have a large group of friends who all are great to me. It's nice having people you can rely on in a crisis. Like they say, a friend will help you move, a real friend will help you move a body. If I go on a killing spree I know of a few shovel wielding folk that can come to my rescue.

    The simple things like having a full belly and solid roof over my head. I think we all take this one for granted on a regular basis.


Since this post can get out of control I will cut it short there. For those of you in Canada I hope you enjoy your thanksgiving. For those of you in the US, Don'
t worry, yours will come soon enough. For those elsewhere on this spinning ball of dirty insanity we call home, don't wait for a specific day or copious amounts of poultry to trigger your thankfulness. We should be grateful for what we have since there are many others out there that would be happy enough with a sandwich and a warm coat.

What are you thankful for?

11 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

What am I thankful for? Thankfully, it would take all day for me to make up that a list like that! ;)

8:26:00 AM  
Blogger Schotzy said...

it wouldn't take me all day to think of everything to put on the list and then just to write it, my life is so full of blessings, my loved ones, my friends, our health, and comfort. (hugs) S

8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

I'm thankful for all the same things you listed. Except for the Canada part. Nothing wrong with Canada, but I'm glad I live in Tennessee. I'm thankful that we don't have hurricanes and earthquakes here.

9:16:00 AM  
Blogger sands of time said...

Belated happy thanksgiving

11:27:00 AM  
Blogger Marj said...

before i read this comment, i was going to blog about being thankful... hee hee

I'm thankful i can make a difference in peoples lives when i work

I'm thankful i can sing

I'm thankful for my intelligence and knowing right from wrong (even if i choose to do wrong.. bwahahahahah >B-) )

I'm thankful for my two brothers that would never have been if my parents hadn't re-married (even if they divorced again >_<)

I'm thankful for my sister - my best friend in the world

I'm thankful for the love of my life - the one i can draw strength from, the one i can give courage to, the one that i'd drag a body for and the one that will take a part of me when he leaves this world.

What a great post!

~wyn ^_^

3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

pretty much the saem reasons you listed, but for different reasons, hope that wasn't too confusing for ya

6:06:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

You. I'm thankful for Rainy Pete.

6:26:00 PM  
Blogger elle said...

You crack me up.Or maybe I was always cracked, eh? Happy Turkey-Lurkey Day!!

I'm thankful for you too.

8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

It is always good to be reminded to be thankful. My list looks a lot like yours...except for the killing part.

9:52:00 AM  
Blogger Mayo said...

I'm thankful for my Boss for being so family friendly and letting me bring my son in and leave when I have too. It really helps me out on the home front since I am a single mom. Thanks Pete, good post

3:10:00 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

When is Canadian Thanksgiving exactly?

4:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links