Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Unrest


By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks!
W. Shakespeare

Do you ever get that feeling that you're not alone? I don't mean at work or in the car, but I'm talking late at night, when you're watching television. A strange sound or a chilly draft in the heat of summer sets you on edge and has you turning on a light or two. Ghosts have always intrigued me from a young age and to this day I still am interested to hear ghost stories.

Here in our city we have a bunch of like minded souls, two of which decided to make a go of the hunt and education. Enter Haunted Hamilton. This is one of the coolest websites to have popped up regarding our city in a long time. Far more interesting than the worst roads poll in which we get some pretty good representation, and a little sleeker than the bloated monstrosity that our city has put up, this site leads you through the history of our fair city with a supernatural twist. Primarily concerned with the education and preservation of the heritage and history of Hamilton, Daniel and Stephanie Cumerlato set up Haunted Hamilton which does tours and ghost walks around the area on an ongoing basis. They are actually the driving force behind the cool Halloween party down at the Customs House that Rowan is raving about (Sorry kiddo, already got plans, but thanks for the invite).

Stop by and find out where in town you need to be to get all spooked out and learn a little bit about us while you hang around. There's more to us than a dodgy football team and a lot of pollution.

10 Comments:

Blogger Martini said...

Isn't it great to know others in our city share our love of the season?

3:22:00 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I would love to that kind of stuff, just not much going on in a small town.
I did watch something on the travel channel once on the scariest cities--that was pretty cool :)

6:04:00 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

I like haunted stuff, one of the reasons I loved St. Augustine, Florida. Also I lived in a haunted house for a while.

7:16:00 PM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Just last night when I was home alone I thought I saw something creepy walk by our window. The dog didn't even look up, so I figured it was my imagination.

Hopefully.

7:56:00 PM  
Blogger jon said...

I don't remember giving you permission to post my portrait. I'll forgive you this time.

9:03:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

wow, my city has nothing like that at all. Thanks for sharing.
I love this time of year. I'm all into that spooky crap. :-)

12:04:00 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I love things like that! In Edinburgh they have Haunted Walks where Dracula takes you on a walk through the old town, pointing out places of Ghosty Historical Interest. Some have even claimed to have seen the ghosts. I loved it!

7:20:00 AM  
Blogger Mongooser said...

Where I went to university I stayed in THE most haunted block of THE most haunted residential college in THE most haunted university in New South Wales certainly, and possibly in all of Australia.

was wicked cool fun. I especially liked the ghost of the girl who walked into the common room (across maybe 30 feet of polished floorboards) stopped for maybe 10 seconds, asked what was on TV that night then walked back out through the big double doors. all the while you're looking n there's NOTHING there. Everyone didn't see her most friday nights.

My exwife hated her room cuz the guy who lived above her room about 6 years b4 hanged himself n she got to revisit it about twice a week. Yep most of the ghosts there were definitely heard n felt rather than seen.

there were lots others too.

5:21:00 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

hello all! Just thought I'd mention lots of local hauntings have been on Creepy Canada and on Most Haunted, for instance Lovers Leap I recently saw acted out on Most Haunted which is in our Lovely city, and actually I had no knowledge of this more grisly past taking place there (scaring to think I used to swim in that sewage water tho').

RainyPete, thanks for giving this great site a shoutout....obviously you saw I tried, but I lack the salesmanship you possess! Fantastic and too bad you already have plans, I am sure it's going to be great. I'm already spooked out and I haven't even got there yet [early enough to hit the cash bar and thereby weaken my barriers to the unknown which I am sure is part of the plan].

Interesting you mentioned the things that go bump, 2 nights ago, I was sorta freaked (we live in an older house) and the one cupboard door kept opening, so everytime I passed, I shut it. This in itself I realize is just gravity working against old hinges, but it still creeps one out in the dead of night all alone...then, I had a nice jacuzzi bath with the hubby, surronded by scented candles and bubbles...when one of the candles (no shit) flew across the room suddenly [thank goodness blowing it out] and smashed against our bathroom door a good 10' feet from the tub....startled us both, but neither of us are any longer scared by otherworldliness, still it is fun to let yourself be scared once in a while, ain't it?

11:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya!!! Thanks for posting such a raving review about our website! (my husband and I are the founding partners of Haunted Hamilton!!) I accidentally found your site while googling ours! It's so nice to read that people are actually noticing that Daniel and I are trying to help promote Hamilton's vast history through it's hauntings! All the best!!!

2:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links