Friday, January 06, 2006

Mouse-B-Gone

Well it's that time already. Last week I asked for your suggestions of a mousetrap design to rid me of my newfound houseguests. While I got a few suggestions by email most of them were pretty boring so I combined elements of the emails to come up with a solution. Someone, I think it was Gimpy, asked if I had played the Incredible Machine before and that just snowballed from there. I have yet to locate my old disks (That's right folks, games once fit on a few floppy disks!) so I had to put pen to paper.

Take that you flour eating bastards!!!

Once I had my plan devised it was time to implement it. The hardest part was cutting into the gas line to install the flamethrower without blowing the house up, but I got it all done and set up. Unfortunately I couldn't find a feasible method of automatically resetting the trap so I have to manually reset it each time, but it works like a charm. After the first two kills the smell of crispy mice was too much for the wife so I had to resort to plain old mousetraps with chocolate chips on them.

Half a bag of chocolate chips, a few battered knuckles and more than a few hurled expletives later I have either:
    A - Successfully eradicated the little buggers

Or
    B - Convinced them to move to more hospitable climes

Of course there is always the possibility that their absence is a sign of a rodent revolution in which case I could be in serious trouble once they mount their counter-offensive. Just in case I have invested in bulletproof kevlar socks and have disposed of all the chocolate sources in my house (My belly is sooooo sore right now). The tiny radar early warning system is coming this afternoon so I can set up some perimeter defenses (You gotta love ebay).

12 Comments:

Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I really like the original plan best. I may just implement it in my house next fall..

11:51:00 AM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

They are making a mockery our of you. They must be stopped! Dang blasted rodents.
I love the deflated pumpkins and your silly nekkid self with the tree.
How the kid doing? Did his tests come back? Did you already write about this and I missed the boat?
Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane

12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

Ahh, brings back great high school memories. All my notebooks were covered in traps like that. Usually involving people instead of animals though.

4:36:00 PM  
Blogger Laura Brown said...

I like the old fashioned cat method best. I've seen a cat rip a mouse out of a small hole in the ground and chow down before the sucker had time to squeak. I had that cat for a long time and rarely saw any mice, living mice anyway. Plenty of mouse parts. It's funny how often they eat every bit of the mouse but leave that one green bag/ organ. I assume it's a bile sack, but I've never really checked into it.

5:39:00 PM  
Blogger Minerva said...

Oh LAURA - your comment made me feel really ill...

Cool trap Pete - Love it...

My rodent killers, all 3 of them, have four paws, killer jaws and a fear of mice...

*grin*

Minerva

6:14:00 PM  
Blogger Carol (Smiles and Laughter) said...

I'm sure the mouse is flattered that you put so much time and effort in its eradification. In fact, they probably just left becuase they figured you put in enough effort you deserved it.

10:02:00 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

They're probably in a corner somewhere planning the next wave of their attack! Actually, they're probably reading your blog to find out information ~ "spy mice" ... slippery little suckers they are!

6:29:00 AM  
Blogger Sisiggy said...

I'm with Laura. The cat method is efficient. However, if you have a well-fed cat, be prepared for lovely kitty gifts of dead rodent. And you have to make a big fuss over the dead rodent, like it's all you ever wanted to achieve happiness in your life. Otherwise they get offended. Never offend the kitty!

12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

*giggles*

So thats the reason I need to eat the chocolate - NOW I get it!

12:51:00 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

A well thought-out plan like yours surely means success! Being worried about the rodent revolution is a prudent thing to do though. Remember "Willard"...

8:16:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

When we had a rat problem at The Palace, I threatened The PK that I was going to get a couple of cats and set them loose under the house to get 'em.

But, since we also have two BIG dogs in our backyard, we just went ahead an opted for those big nasty looking rat traps. Worked like a charm!

8:10:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

A big problem I see is that the flame thrower will melt the chocolate. You probably wouldn't want to eat it after that. You might want to rethink this plan.

9:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links