Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Out With The Old


With the sting of the New Year still burning my brain I find myself stumbling into it with my eyes stinging from the bright and shining possibilities.

No ...... wait ...... that's just fatigue. Thanks for all your well wishes. The little guy is doing much better and now we have medications and doctors' appointments to use to minimize and evaluate whatever damage,if any, may have occurred. Oh, and there's stuff for him to get better too.

Since this was delayed I missed out on all the stereotypical New Year's fun so I'm doing it now dammit! I am not a resolution kind of person but if I had to make one I suppose I would go with this for an idea. Pick a couple of blogs you frequent, preferably some older ones, and have a dig through their archives. Sure we all know about today's news, but what of the origins and their past of the bloggers we stalk on a regular basis? Some may be creepy and wild like comic book characters, others may be a little more fanciful like a fairy tale, but you won't know if you don't wander back and take a boo.

Hell if you want a laugh you may want to go back and look at your own!! I did that and I still can't figure out what keeps you folks coming back but thanks for your patronage! I'm touched you want to spend your time here.

In that same train of thought, although my train seems to have no track, I noticed a neat idea floating about in which you dig through your blog archives and throw up a favourite post or two of yours. Your "best post" as it were. Since I haven't been at this all that long and to be honest, pretty much like them all or I wouldn't have posted them. I invite you to dig through my archives and suggest your favourite Rainy entries. You are, of course, allowed to call me out on the fact that you are making an entry for me and protest, but do whichever makes you feel good. I can go on about me all day, but it's always interesting to see what you have written that people feel that they really connected with. Here's your chance to have your say. I will leave you with Rainy Pete's toast to the new year;

    Here's to the new year, and if it's anything like the last one then here's to single malt scotch!

13 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

Happy New Year to you too. I would raise a glass... but it is 7am lol

I am glad that your son is getting better.

Look after yourself

2:04:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Glad to hear bubs is doing so much better now.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean in the last para, but I went back to March and read your entry about your friend Adam and his fight with cancer. Which in turn sent me over to his website to read through a little. After reading his entry about nausea and puking off and on all day, I was pleased to read his last entry in July about how he's going back to work in Sept/Oct. I don't have the time now to read through it all, but I've added him to my favourites so I can go through that time of his life later.

I looked through his pics...dang I love wee babies...the twins are beautiful.

3:24:00 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

Glad your son's getting better. I had a look thru my own archives a week or so ago. It's interesting to be reminded of all the stuff one used to be interested back then.

3:52:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

I liked the one you wrote about your dad, but I can't find it right now...Dial Up! Curses, Red Baron.

But, I think one of the first ones I read was when you were picking out new glasses and you wanted people to vote on it. For some reason, I still think about that post.

10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

I think the glasses one was Jodster's but the Dad ones are either here or here.

11:09:00 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Just off the top of my head, I loved the elmo post. Happy new year to you!

11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Glad the little one is on the mend.
I really liked the one you wrote explaining nuclear fussion. It cleared up a lot of questions I had..

11:35:00 AM  
Blogger TheatreChick73 said...

Going back and reading archived blogs is about the best fun ever. And its one of the best side effects of blogging...feeling crappy? really down in the dumps? Go read your entries from 6 months ago. You'll either laugh from the smallness of it or give yourself a much needed reality check.

So glad to hear litte one is feeling better! That's the best part of today's entry.

But the toast is a close second....if I credit you, can I use that at the bar this weekend?

12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I'm scared to read my archives! So much happened in 2005 that I'm not sure I want to revisit it.

Damn you for stealing my soul!

2:48:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

I'm with you Pete. A few days' vacation, and I'm behind in my New Year's posts.

3:26:00 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

Glad to hear your son is getting better. It would be really hard to pick favorites of your postings, let's see, the "Google Madness" one in October comes to mind, but there are just so many good ones to choose from!

8:43:00 PM  
Blogger Foilwoman said...

Glad little RainyJakob is doing better. He's cute and happy looking even at the hospital. Obviously, he got your positive attitude. Enjoy the single malt.

8:53:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

What a good idea! I'll have to so some reading and get back with you.

9:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links