Monday, December 19, 2005

My Poor Ear!

So I'm reading a blog or three and suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my ear. It takes me a moment to realize that I've been tagged!! Rae Ann, that vicious Momma done went and tagged me! Dammit! On the upside, it gives me an easy out on a Monday morning so here you are. I hope you don't get all freaked out and run away after this one, but if you do it's been fun meeting you.


1. I am fascinated by the idea of ghosts and hauntings. I know people who never seem to feel they are done and are unable to just sit down and relax without going nuts that there is something they could be doing in life! I can totally see these same people wandering around after death, unable to cross over because they have "just one more thing" to do before they go.


2. I never fit in to any one group when I was a kid because my tastes are far too eclectic. Smart kids didn't like the fact that I wasn't a typical student. Dumb kids resented my good marks. Jocks could snap me in two, but I was too healthy for the nerds' liking. This enabled me the ability to develop a sort of social chameleon ability. My superpower, if you will, allowed me to talk to pretty much anybody in the building. This carries on to this very day with the exception that there a few people that either "get" me or at least understand that I am who I am and can cope with my specific brand of oddness. If you can cut through my camouflage you'll either love me or hate me, there's not a lot of in between.


3. The darker the better! I am not one who enjoys the fluffy, happy bouncy movies and entertainment of the common person. I don't enjoy movies with happy endings just because of the happy ending. Give me a romantic movie where they don't get together in the end and you'll make me smile. Music, art and movies should examine the darker side that people like to pretend doesn't exist. Until you find the dark within and understand how it ticks I don't think that you can really be happy. It will lurk within and make you nervous. I'm entertained by the likes of this sometimes and others tell me it's just weird.


4. When I was younger I ran with a bit of a rougher crowd and decided to get out before I slid too far into the bad element of society. It was a matter of a few months after I stopped running with the thugs that I received a panicked call from another person that I knew from that group. The police were phoning everyone in the address book of a fellow goon because he had shot and killed his girlfriend/fiance. Not that I was worried about a phone call, but I certainly felt good about bailing when I did.


5. I believe that people need to be shocked once in a while. Those that take offence to things are generally upset because it shook them out of their comfortable little cocoon. People like comfort and will not confront the tougher parts of life until they are slapped in the face with them. Nativity scenes make people uncomfortable because it reminds them of religion. Depictions of death or suicide freak people out because they are uncomfortable with death. I'm not quite right in the head and welcome anything that gets the brain spinning. Social change or mental change will never occur if we don't think of the tough stuff. This video for instance is absolutely fantastic because in a few more years this will be on the shelves of stores everywhere unless we start to teaching children self worth.


Since I don't like running around sticking things in people's earlobes I will leave you with this as it stands. If you need a holiday cop out entry to avoid thinking during the business then go ahead and steal it.

10 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

i've been shocked on several occasions, usually after tampering with elctrical goods.

8:13:00 AM  
Blogger sands of time said...

Its good you got from the bad crowd when you did.

10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

Wow, all of those are great! I can relate very much to all except the bad crowd part. Actually, I still run with the bad crowd! (just kidding) Very well done! Thanks for participating. lol Hey, I like your new earring!

1:10:00 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Those were some of the best meme answers I've ever read. It's great getting to know you. Good timing on bailing from the bad bays. :)
Lois Lane

1:48:00 PM  
Blogger Celti said...

Damn, I believe you and I were cut from the same stone, my dear. I loved your answers.

1:51:00 PM  
Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

so you'r the bad crowd Pete my mother warned me about . . .

3:55:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Great answers! (gee...I'm so witty today)

5:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are cool.

1:18:00 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

hey, you're an interesting guy!

4:42:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

Hey, which video? That link brings up a page with many videos to watch and ponder.

3:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links