Saturday, December 17, 2005

Oh Where, Oh where has my Underdog gone?

It's easy to get so busy during the holiday rush that we overlook things so I am doing my part to stick up for a little known day of the year. December the 17th, ladies and gentlemen, is Underdog Day!
When trouble calls I am not slow; it's hip hip hip and away I go!
That's right folks, by day he's mild mannered Shoeshine Boy, but when there's trouble he springs into action! "Not bird, nor plane, nor even frog, it's just little 'ole me, Underdog!" Through a powerful mixture of special abilities and rhyme talking that would make Eminem green with envy, he kept the world, and sweet Polly Purebred, safe from Riff Raff and Simon Bar Sinister was all in a day's work for this little guy. Who couldn't love a hero who's powers would leave him high and dry on a moment's notice. It was always good to see that even the superpowered among us have their ups and downs too. Not until The Greatest American Hero came along could I identify with a hero more.

Today let's give a moment to remember our fair hero. It would be great, in today's troubled world, to watch the faces of the perpetrators of evil's face contort in fear when they hear his famous cry ring out.

12 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

WOW, I Loved Underdog when I was little. You just brought back a load of memories. One in particular, my dad used to yell, "Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! NO! It's UnderWEAR!!" And of course as little kids we would just giggle and giggle.

6:40:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I used to LOVE Underdog. I can't believe that I remembered all the words!

7:19:00 PM  
Blogger jon said...

I was born on Underdog Day! I haven't even thought about Underdog for eons! Or the Greatest American Hero.

9:20:00 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air.

I loooove both Underdog and The Greatest American Hero.

Pete, some days I swear we were seperated at birth.

10:10:00 PM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

I wish I had know earlier that it was Underdog day! What a great day to have!!

4:10:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

Never an Underdog fan. I was a HUGE Super Chicken fan though. What a fantastic theme song.

6:47:00 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

I remember b oth those shows and there is nothing like a clumsy hero. It gives the resdt of us hope

2:50:00 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Here's to you Underdog!

11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Mark Leslie said...

I loved Underdog. "Here I come to save the day!" (no wait a minute, that was Mighty Mouse......) But seriously, I still have some Underdog comic books....you made me want to go dig 'em out and give them another read.

11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

My husband LOVED Underdog when he was little. Underdog was his personal hero. I'm going to play the clip and watch my husband come running. :)

5:38:00 PM  
Blogger Laura Brown said...

I remember Underdog and the Greatest American Hero. I wish they made more shows/ movies like that. I spend a lot more time online just cause I can't be bothered to turn on the TV any more. It's always the same show, different name, same story.

3:07:00 PM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Help!

Help! Help!

I loved Underdog. Thanks for the memories.

10:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links