Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Of electronics and spouses.

So we've moved and are starting to get unpacked and set up. It will be a little while longer until everything finds its way to a permanent home but that is an unfortunate process that is typical of a move. So far things seem to have arrived intact and everything seems present and accounted for with the exception of the power supply to a $30.00 cordless phone. All in all it went pretty well.

As part of the move we ended up with a room designated the play room for the kids. This is a spectacular concept that I recommend to any parent as it gives the kids and all other ancillary crap a place to be. A room where all the toys and videos end up along with the mess and the noise. With the pending installation of a door we will be able to close the door and let the mess lurk within. After the move we found that we needed an entertainment unit. The wife went out and searched for a unit that she liked and having decided upon one we acquired and assembled said cabinet. This thing is a beauty and the wife loved it with all of its synthetic oaken glory. Being male, however, I found a small problem with it. Our 27" television looked lost in the cavernous TV opening and had me looking wistfully at larger screens. This is where being married enters into the equation. Large screen televisions are possibly the most fragmenting force in relationships. In some marriages their divisive power can exceed that of even infidelity. So I wiped the drool from my face and headed home thinking of the distant future when I'd be able to fill that gaping hole in my cabinet. Wife and technology are sworn enemies in the universe, it's just one of those facts of life that we all come to accept.

As a major side benefit of moving we have managed to wring some extra equity out of the sale of our home so after the down payment we can pay down some lingering debt and move on in a more comfortable manner. After allocating funds to places they were needed to be we found that our estimations came up short and there is some money left over. This set up an interesting situation. My wife saw the hole in the cabinet that exceeded its contents and found me looking at bigger screens and promptly gave me hell for not purchasing one. Let me repeat that for those of you that were not paying attention.
    I GOT IN TROUBLE FOR NOT BUYING A $2000.00 television!!!!

Sorry fellas but she's mine, all mine (The wife that is and not the television). Last night I shot out as fast as I can with the credit card and approval in my hot little hands and let the sales guy work his magic. For those of you in the area, East Hamilton Radio rocks! I got home and I was assisted in the unloading of the behemoth into it's lair in the basement and while I haven't had time to damage my eyes with all of its radiation spewing glory I did manage to get tentatively plugged in and basked briefly in it's technological glow. I have yet to get a picture of it in it's home, but rest assured it will be seen at a later date. For now you can enjoy the website promo pic of my 42" plasma behemoth!!
42 inches of plasma joy adorn the bowels of my home now!!

So there you have a brief update.
    Rainy clan moved and unpacked.
    House taking shape slowly but surely.
    Dog not forgotten.
    Wife proved herself to be the most amazing and confusing creature on the planet.


Tonight's mission is to get the beast properly configured and set up in it's new home. If there's no post tomorrow rest assured I'm not dead. I'm likely just comatose after spending 10 hours or so watching the magic panel with the moving pictures in my house.

9 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

she sounds like a dream (wife not television).

althought the tv sounds pretty awesome too.

i'm glad you guys are settling in and are happy.

happy is good.

11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Damn she is a keeper...

Wanting that gaping hole filled.


Now you just have to figure a way to hold onto that remote.

Take Care
Michael

11:24:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

Speaking of radiation.... did you know Plasmas have a half-life? Also, plasma relays and conduits send power to the various parts of the U.S.S. Enterprise. Plasma coil assemblies can be dangerous.

2:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

lol! congrats on the house and the new tv too! Mr.Q only wishes we had space for such a set...

and, hey, after all that financial finnagelling (how the heck do you spell that??) apparently, you can make extra money like the last commenter!

7:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you given any thought to what she is setting you up for in terms of a payback purchase..

8:30:00 PM  
Blogger Sisiggy said...

Congratulations!(Check the shoe closet.)
Your wife is a man's dream!(Hire a private detective. She's trying to distract you.)
You're soooo lucky! (sucker)

8:42:00 AM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

We have a similar tv buying story. lol You know it's okay when the wife approves.

12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

I am currently coveting your TV which I am sure is some sort of sinful thinking... I hope to one day have a TV that I can hang on the wall like a picture... sigh. Until then can you just post a daily picture of your TV?

10:57:00 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Wow! That is more T.V. then I would know what to do with.
The only reasonable explanation for your wifes sudden change of heart: she has been abducted by aliens.

10:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links