Thursday, June 22, 2006

Technical Difficulties - Please stand by

There it is!!

A quick post from work.

That's right work.

Despite several pre-moving phone calls to ensure that my new house was high speed DSL ready, good ole Ma Bell has proven to be her usual bitchy self and is suffering from a terminal case of rectal-cranial inversion.

Plugging in my modem resulted in nothing at all.

Actually that's not quite true as it resulted in a 2 hour phone call to tech support in which it was determined that my house needs a new line card and they will be resolving the problem in the next 24-48 hours. Given their typical response times I expect to be back online within 2-1236 days.

Unpacking continues and if you hear a story about some strange event with Bell Sympatico internet services in the news, you can point to the article and say "Hey ! I know that guy!"

So no HNT, no posts and no sanity for me, but the sanity thing is just more of the same.

See you when I'm reconnected. If they don't fix my house up with high speed soon, I may just have to suggest they undergo a little electronic proctology. I can thank my lucky stars that I'm in Canada where the prison system is remarkably cozy, at which point this may rapidly evolve into a prison blog!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Sisiggy said...

SHUT UP! Just SHUT UP!

I want, moving chaos! Bring it on! I've spent long enough "going to move." I want "moving."

So JUST SHUT UP!

(uncontrollable weeping)

11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

ummm, i think you need a weekend of camping in the mountains! then soon after, maybe, your DSL will be hooked up!

12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

That really sucks. There is always some little thing that doesn't go just right ALWAYS! Good luck on the DSL thing. You're gonna need it!

1:06:00 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

moving is never easy.. the best plans and still problems...hope it all gets sort out soon..

i loved the pic, it's so cute..

1:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you go to prison can you make me a new licence plate for my truck. I got rear ended a year ago and we don't get new plates until 2008..
Ha, rear ended and you going to prison..

6:39:00 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

No HNT?? :(

6:43:00 PM  
Blogger Mayo said...

soon soon pete, soon

11:48:00 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

Oh no! Hope that gets cleared up very soon. It can be dangerous blogging from work (but I'm doing it right now...)

9:01:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Well that settles it then...I'm just going to have to stay put in this run down house of mine...I can't take the risk of being without the internet for even 12 hours. My sons will actually come out of their bedrooms and then I might have to cook for them!

9:56:00 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

And just imagine how long it would have taken if you hadn't warned them you were moving!

1:20:00 AM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

OMG that picture! It has permanently damaged my cornea! I think... I'll look at it again and check... LOL

5:28:00 AM  
Blogger dan said...

tee hee. i like that, rectai-cranial thing!

2:36:00 PM  
Blogger mrhaney said...

i don't have high speed any thing, just dial up. i hope you get yours going though. i know once you get some thing that you like and you loose it it's terrible. well good luck.

10:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links