Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy birthday

Several years ago, in a year that shall not be disclosed, there was an even that shook the world. If people had only known the kind of force that had been unleashed upon the world in that fateful day they would have better prepared. A day known by few but revered by many is now upon us. Fitting enough that it is Independence Day in one country of the world for this day in that mystery year saw the birth of the most independent woman known to man thus far........my wife. Many of you probably wish her great youth and success since, being burdened with me as a spouse, she has suffered enough. For that I'm certain she is grateful.

While her age shall not be disclosed here on penalty of death I did spill the secret to our daughter only to get this response.

Really?!  No way! In her defense, when you're only three I guess anyone who's older than 10 seems old right? And while our son wasn't as surprised by the number I had quoted, his response was even less sympathetic as he laughed right in her ear.

Bwahahahahahaa!

So a Happy Birthday to my poor wife, who has to put up with us three kids on a regular basis. As a gift to her (and others who are brave enough to click the link) I give the gift of song. While I'm sure that this cake wouldn't be well received I can assure you that this one is way out of my league. I even had trouble making one of those "box" cakes. The box said just add water so I did. Apparently you mix it too, who knew? That's okay too though because if I end up with a cake then there's going to be fire and we can only help that I manage to get that on top of the cake.

16 Comments:

Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

yes, indeed, and let me know how that cake turns out, k?

i can't believe how much your boy has grown and those teeth are soooo cute.

your daughter, of course is a doll,but then again, i'm quite partial to redheads!

9:55:00 AM  
Blogger pissoff said...

Ohhh, I just thought I'd let you know the elf short's are back over at Angry Chimp's.

11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Happy Birthday Mrs Rainy!

It's good to know the Elf shorts are still going strong!

11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

What a sweet birthday post! Happy Birthday RainyPete's wife!

3:43:00 PM  
Blogger dan said...

i don't know mrs.rainypete but happy birthday

4:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday RainyPete's wife. And don't let him cook for you. Insist on going out..

4:54:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

Why don't you give her a cake the Useless Man way? Take a Timmy's muffin, squirt some toothpaste on top, then ram a candle into it. Voila.

5:18:00 PM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

Happy Birthday to Mr Pete!

5:49:00 PM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

That kitty litter cake "takes the cake", if you will. I can't imagine anyone making a cake like that, let alone eating it. And...some free advice...next time, purchase the kind of cake mix that you have to add eggs. That way, if you don't know enough to mix everything up before you cook the cake, you at least end up with fried eggs (with cake bits) and it won't be a total waste. Don't ask me how I know this handy little tip.

12:10:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Happy belated to mrs.rainypete!
I love the photo of your daughter, that one is priceless.
And, my sister did make the kitty litter cake for her son's b-day this year. It was a huge hit with all the boys and geesh, it looked very real.

10:01:00 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

happy birthday to Mrs Rainy pete, and your son looks so much like you, hes very cute...

:0)

3:32:00 AM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Put a red nose on that girl and she's a little Pete!

7:07:00 PM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Only cute.

7:07:00 PM  
Blogger Laura Brown said...

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Rainy. Hope you found a babysitter for those three and gave yourself time for something luxurious and decadent.

12:50:00 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

happyy birthday mrs. rainy!!!

3:38:00 PM  
Blogger L said...

cute photos!

11:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links