Friday, April 15, 2005

Chewing on a stick


Damnable sticks!!

Sticks and stones may not break your bones, but those sticks can infiltrate you blog (no to mention the scratches on my monitor from all the stones).

Jodster apparently threw a stick at me and I didn't even notice (What do you want form me, I'm a guy!!). I did, however, see his bookish type inquiry and reply in kind (even if he doesn't read my blog).

Since I have no feelings against the good Mr. Bradbury I shall reinstate the missing component that had been forcibly removed from his post. Guy Montag rocks!

You are stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book would you be?
For those unfortunate enough no to have read this fine work it has do with the burning of reading materials. Along the lines of books that should die I would surely like to be any of the Sweet Valley High books. Or maybe one of greatest crimes against humanity, the musical score to the Star Wars Christmas Album *shiver*

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Who hasn't? I was once mindlessly in love with Jody Banks from The Fall Guy. (MMmmmmmm Heather Thomas. how can you not love a girl from the Swamp Thing?)

The last book you bought?
How am I to know what the last book you bought was? You tell me.
The Last book I bought was Stephen King's The Dark Tower.

The Last Book I read?
Moby Dick. Oh that poor Ahab. I attribute this for the desire I have to get copious amounts of tribal body art tattooed on my body so that I can get through lineups quicker while wearing a loincloth (although when you're shaped like me, the outfit is enough to clear the line anyhow)

What am I currently reading?
My computer screen, otherwise I'll get lost in mid-entry. Beyond that I am reading Lemony Snicket Book the 6th The Ersatz Elevator (delightfully dark entertainment to say is targeted at kids), The complete works of Edgar Allan Poe and 1984 by George Orwell.

5 Books I would take to a deserted island.
Deserted Island Survival for Dummies
101 Recipes for Sand
War and Peace (I've been ignoring this bad boy for about 3 years now)
The Dark Tower (I still haven't found time to start that final book yet)
The Toronto phone book (That baby is thick, lots of firestarting material there)

I'll have the good grace to not throw sticks at people but you do what you must.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Do I sense a theme going on here?

Who has time to read books when we are busy reading other people's blogs?

Kudos to you for reading Moby Dick...I cannot get through it no matter how hard I try.

10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Heheh I got that stick a while back and ended up buying Fareheit 451 cos I ahd never heard of it. YOu do have to be very careful of sticks - they cost you money

4:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links