Thursday, May 19, 2005

Fatigue And The Force


Well I survived the show and the lineup and it was worth it! Episode III rocks! There were people lined up all the way around the building when I arrived. I grabbed a bag of M&M's only to find that the colours in the Jedi Mix are far less exciting than the Darth Mix. Camera in hand, I plied the lineup to see what the crowd had to offer.


These aren't the droids you're looking for


I was quickly accosted by a pair of stormtroopers who seemed very interested in my reasons for visiting. After using my force powers to convince them that my droids aren't the ones they were looking for I managed to befriend them and discover that their costumes were handmade with extensive reference from the movies and the Smithsonian traveling exhibit.

There were a large number of people from all generations and walks of life in the fray and they were all amped an ready to go.

The gang's all here



Without slaughtering the plot for those who actually have lives, or the need for sleep last night, and will go see the movie in the coming weeks I can tell you the movie was all I hoped it would be. No more fluff and dreck like the first ones. This one had all the dogfighting, swashbuckling and darkness that I was erroneously seeking from the first two. Strap yourself in, if you get one of those monster sodas from the concession install your catheter, and enjoy the ride. It was two and a half hours of pure fun. Just make sure you go to bed afterwards, I omitted this step and it isn't for the faint of heart.

The sooner you see it the more likely you'll get a theater of rowdy fans. We apparently had a wookie sitting somewhere behind us as I kept hearing his distinctive growl. I'll have to see if this is a standard attendance item as I will be going at least once this weekend to see it again.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! What an interesting crowd, too!
blue2go

8:43:00 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

glad you enjoyed it, i'm sure all the people in costume made it more exiting...i don't think it will be that big a deal here, i think it opens tomorrow night...

:0)

8:48:00 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I can't WAIT to see it! My son wants to go this weekend. I'm going to try to get tickets.

I'm glad to hear that it isn't as BAD as the first one was. It was so disappointing!

9:02:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I love it when people dress the part! It makes it so much more interesting than just the norm!

Glad the movie was all that you expected it to be! :)

9:05:00 AM  
Blogger Kev And Charlotte said...

Did you enjoy it amigo ? i looked out for you but didn't see you! didn't arrive myself till a bit later tho!

Kev

9:24:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

wow that looks awesome except for the droids....lol

11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

I refuse to go until the crazy fans are gone I have a fear of large crowds of Star Wars fans.. haha just kidding.. I just hate crowded theaters.. I will see it in July I think

1:12:00 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I find that people who dress up in costumes freak me out too much.
Where the heck do these people come from anyways..

1:45:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

No one cheered or anything when I saw it today. I had to keep quiet because I didn't want to be the only one! :(

5:30:00 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Several people have now said it was good... and I am glad! I can't wait to see it, but i will wait until the crowds die down a bit.

9:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can not wait to see it now. Thanks for the review. I was so afraid it was going to be like the last two. Hoooray!

1:18:00 AM  
Blogger Schotzy said...

I saw it yesterday as well but didn't have the crowds to deal with. Just a bunch of middle aged bald men. The guy in sitting in front of me was a rick moranas lookalike and i wanted to tap him on his bald spot. My sons and I did an outing together and oh yeah babe we really enjoyed the movie. I think I was a little disappointed in the script though. But there were times that chills went through me. S

11:31:00 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Those are some serious home-made costumes! Damn. Maybe I should've gone on opening weekend. Oh well, at least I won't have to wait in line.

12:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links