Friday, June 24, 2005

Posting In The Real World


(For some strange reason this reminded me of Happy and Blue)



It all started with a post by Sha which Zulu picked up and ran with. It's only been about three weeks in the making but it seems to be catching on. Now here we are, bloggers meddling with the real world. I have received a few postcards so far and I have to say, it's pretty neat to see what you'll get from around the world.

Who doesn't like to get mail that doesn't involve payments of some kind. So far I'm up to three different countries and counting. If you want to get in on this then drop me and email with your address in it and I can send a limited edition, custom made postcard crafted by the one, the only, Rainy Pete!! (Geez could you imagine multiple me's.....terrifying) Our fair city has crap for sale that didn't really show the city, just the province or country. Pilfering an idea from Denny I decided to make my own. Using some pictures I have taken around town and a stolen logo from our fair city I have created th. Feel free to get one for your very own and laugh at my photography or my dismal handwriting. For any recipients I can offer free translation services if you send me a scan or digital picture, although I can't make any guarantees. I'm not entirely sure what I write sometimes, damn single malt!

If you are feeling lonely or are sick of mail from people named Vinnie who threaten you with visits to your body joints or bones then get in on this while you still can. The only stipulation is that you have to mail me one too.

I'm so lonely.

22 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

:lol: at the picture.
I have banned myself from blogging once I get a drink (often laphroig) in my hand.(I went back and read my comments the following morning !!!!!) Now whether I listen to myself or not is another matter.

9:29:00 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

:lol: at the picture.
I have banned myself from blogging once I get a drink (often laphroig) in my hand.(I went back and read my comments the following morning !!!!!) Now whether I listen to myself or not is another matter.

9:29:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

LOVE the photo! :)

Yes, I'm into the postcard thingie too...although I have the creativeness and craftiness of a platypus so I just go out and buy the postcards and send 'em out. So far, I have one from New Zealand...and I'm waiting on one from Denny.

I'll be e-mailing you! :)

9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

ooooops and that was without a drink.... maybe I should ban myself from commenting fullstop. sorry if that mucks up your comments

9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Foilwoman said...

Single malt and blogging: the gift that keeps on giving. For me right now it's Glen Morangie.

10:17:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

How could I have missed this? It sounds like so much fun.

I love your picture of HAB2. It's exactly how I pictured him...except for the red flag thingie.

11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'll keep you company.....

12:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you be lonely Pete, you have so many other voices inside your head to talk to!!!

12:53:00 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Love the photo! Put me on your list...

2:17:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oooo, so seeing as I'm still waiting on a postcard from you, does this mean I'll get one of your newly created versions?? I do hope so. I can understand why that reminds you of H&B, although I'm not sure his bum is so open to the public like that lol

I sent out 17 postcards from my posting about this a couple of weeks ago. So far I've received 4. I'm glad they haven't all come in at once...it's staggering the lurve say to speak lol

11:22:00 PM  
Blogger dan said...

Hehehehe...I'm sure Happy and Blue would be reminded of himself seeing that picture.

4:39:00 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

That is definately a Happy and Blue pic, I laughed out loud when I saw it, my family looked at me like I was crackers.

ROTF

And Fizzy posting 3 times, LOL

10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Geez. I just can't get any privacy on the internet.
I am confused by this postcard thing. I have sent myself 16 already and no one else has sent me any back..

9:16:00 PM  
Blogger Carol (Smiles and Laughter) said...

ROFL. Love the pic of H&B.

That postcard thingie is a great idea! See what I missed while I was waiting for the darn internet to work?

12:09:00 AM  
Blogger LK said...

I want that mailbox! And I'd love a postcard from Canada, hope I can understand your accent when it arrives though..

5:26:00 AM  
Blogger Herge Smith said...

Fucking Vinnie! You get mail from him as well? What the? is he threating the whole world now?

Picture is great, that is a superb place to stick a letter.

Nice idea as well.

11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Put me on you list as well! Love the mail box picture!

12:31:00 PM  
Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

roflmao at H&B2 pic!

8:57:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I love the mailbox. It's perfect!

3:03:00 AM  
Blogger Celti said...

where is my derned comment?!?

5:16:00 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I wonder how the mailman feels every day when he delivers to that box.

8:08:00 PM  
Blogger Rurality said...

LOVE that mailbox! And yeah, I think H&B2 posed for it.

9:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links