Thursday, July 20, 2006

HNT #38

HNT is a marvelous thing.

Hundreds of people all over this globe come together each week to share themselves.

Some share their limbs and other fleshy bits.

Some share their tragedies and their lives.

Whatever your motivation it manages to bring people together at least once a week for some reason or other.

So it was through HNT I met a person who makes my writing seem like the back of a sugar packet. The talented, if not just a little bent, Mark Leslie. In a funny twist he happens to be a friend of an old friend (you know who you are published writer girl!).

His Darth Tater saga had us all on the edge of our seats in a way I haven't felt since reading his tales of the secret lives of snowmen. For an author type to comment on my wordplay makes me feel like I have to up the ante so without further ado, I give you my wet balls.

Stop staring you pervert!!

Ok...so they're eyeballs. They're only wet because I miss the epic Spud Wars ripoff he craftily penned (typed...whatever). Okay and maybe a little out of joy at Mark's misplaced admiration.

If you haven't had the pleasure of following Mark's epic struggle with the dark forces of starch you may want to dig through his archives and see what imagination and photoshop can do.







Join the fun and click the button. Go on click it now!

Press it! Preesss iiiiit!!!




Got a problem with vegetables in your life? Being stalked by some rogue celery (ooohhhh......sorry about that one)? Then Useless Advice From Useless Men is the place for you. They've often been referred to as vegetables too, so they can give you some insight into your assailant's thinking.

16 Comments:

Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

i'm pleased to NOT see the wet balls you allured to!

do you know why mr. and mrs. potatohead didn't want their daughter to marry walter kronkite? 'cause he was just a common tater.

10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

It's only because I trust your plays on words that I was able to scroll past the "wet balls" line! Well done!

11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

I dont know what to think...
maybe you need more fiber cause this was plain goofy lol
happy HNT

12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

You mean there are two of you that think the same....please... don't worry me like this!

12:35:00 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

I love the Darth Tater. My brother has him, also, and I spent most of the 4th of July weekend using my 18 month old nephew as an excuse to play with Darth Tater.

12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I loved that series too. Cute pic! HHNT

1:23:00 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

cute pic, so glad it wasn't the wet balls i had in mind...*gets mind out of gutter*

lol

1:44:00 PM  
Blogger Di said...

You made me lol!! HHNT

3:09:00 PM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I want a Darth Tater!

5:00:00 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

Ha ha, great picture, and the Darth Tator saga.

6:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you are saying their are wet balls on your face..

8:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so JEALOUS (everytime i go to the toy store they are out of stock) I have storm tater but darth tater, me wants...

12:25:00 AM  
Blogger L said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha!

12:33:00 AM  
Blogger The Smoking Redhead said...

LOL, love it!

1:22:00 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

HNT gives me the motivation to see what dodgy double-entendre you've come up with each time.

5:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mark Leslie said...

Aw, I'm flattered, buddy. But my Darth Tater wants to challenge YOUR Darth Tater to a duel . . . think he's up for it?

10:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links