Monday, July 24, 2006

Lookalike mayhem

So the internet can provide us with information at the click of a button. Everything from theater schedules to atomic physics can be had with a minimum of effort. So what is a person to do with this kind of power? Well play around with it for personal entertainment of course!

The latest waste of time, in an extremely long list of things I have found to waste time on, that I have found is a site called myheritage.com. Originally launched as a tool to aid in the expansion and distribution of one's family tree, it has a another nifty use as well. You see, the creators of this genealogy site added a very cool feature to their site that allows one to upload a picture of their face and cross reference it with all the other people who've uploaded their own family tree photos in an effort to find long lost relatives. As a diversion they have also installed a section of this database with famous people as well. You simply upload a picture of yourself and let it wander through the database and you can get some pretty interesting results. My short list said that I apparently look like

Rowan Atkinson - so apparently my being able to goof around and entertain people is not unique to people in my lineage. We have other who are also strange and entertaining, although my face is far less elastic.


Tom Sizemore - Big and burly with questionable taste in movie roles. I have to say that he is one of my favourite b/a list actors so this was fun too.




John Steinbeck - I am not worthy to be lumped in with this fellow at all. I've fairly certain that what I do to the language would make his mind pop.





Alan Rickman - Soooo happy! If that my moodiness could be harnessed and turned into a film career as comprehensive as his I would be a very contented fellow. Despite his very serious roles he is apparently a bit of a joker and was credited with slipping a fart machine into Dan Radcliffe's sleeping bag during a filming for Harry Potter.





Quentin Tarantino - Funny looking and even funnier thinking. At least I'm not alone!





John Carmack - What computer geek wouldn't be excited to see this guy in their list right? Now if I could only figure out how to get his money as well as his appearance I'd be set.






Dan Akroyd - Fellow Canuck, funny guy, Blues Brother, founding member of the House of Blues, politician in my favourite goofy sci-fi movie Oh yeah.





Erno Rubik - Possibly the only one on the planet who has frustrated more people than me and my smart-assery.

If you get bored you should take a few minutes and find out who you look like. It's buckets of fun for the whole family tree!

14 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

What a mixture! But lots of uncanny familiarities!

9:19:00 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

does that make sense? I try to make sense, sometimes I read back and it doesn't even make sense to me! Well I know what I was trying to say

9:20:00 AM  
Blogger PBS said...

I think I'd be afraid to do that! But yours was funny.

9:29:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

hey - not a bad list at all of people to be related to! Now, to just find a photo that I want to have compared... :P

12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

I must run and do this post haste! Oh I do so hope Angelina Jolie's picture come up.

STOP LAUGHING! It could happen.

4:48:00 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

But if I did it, I bet Connie Chung, Lucy Liu and Michelle Yeoh would come up. And only because they are famous Asian women.

6:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried that site once. My picture brought up matches with Sponge Bob and Barney..

9:56:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

mine will probably be wilma from the flintstones!

10:42:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

I am so sure Jennifer Aniston's photo would come up as my long lost sister, that I do not even need to upload the photo to see.

I enjoy my world. Don't give me any crap.

8:28:00 PM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Rubik would have been my first guess. And I've read enough Steinbach novels to see the resemblance there too.

Heh!

9:06:00 PM  
Blogger Sisiggy said...

From Rowan Atkinson to John Steinbeck...(I can't talk -- my uncle traced us back to a village on Sicily where our ancestor was the village idiot).

8:09:00 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

quite a club you got going there!
I'm tempted to have a go myself..

12:22:00 AM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

Wow, you got some great results! I tried that at a site last year (not sure if it was the same one) and I got some freaky results like Carl Lewis, the track star. LOL I'll try again.

8:38:00 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Yeah!!! Lord Blackadder! "Bibble"
Tom Sizemore's got questionable taste in women as well it seems.
And Violet, I bet Connie Chung, Lucy Liu, & Michelle Yeoh would show up for me as well.

11:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links