Monday, July 31, 2006

Whew!

So it's been a while since I posted. Last week was a little nutty. My brother bought an old house that was pretty rough and was moving in Friday. It was crazed insomniac renovation week out there. After getting up for work at 5:30am or so and working until round 4:00pm it was off to his place until 3:00am most nights all week long. Add to that the fact that they are tearing the floor out of almost a quarter of our warehouse at work and the fact that we had to relocate all our racking and product, it's been a rough week.

Friday came and went and we spent almost 12 hours on the move, but all is done and there is now a house that now contains three bedrooms which were torn down to the studs and resheeted, painted and carpeted as well as a living room with fresh paint and new carpet to match. The kids can play without fear of picking up some freakishly nasty bugs from the mangy old floors. I decided to spend much of the weekend trying to sleep, but was having only moderate success. Why is that? Well we had a big family dinner out on Saturday night and dinner at the sister in law's house on Sunday night as well as visiting my parents, who are off to sun drenched Varadero Cuba soon. Given the busy schedule and my lack of sleep it was only natural that I should try to do restful things. So instead I chose to mow the lawn because every time the kids and the dog were in the yard all I could see were hats and the tip of a yellow tail.

Once you add that together with the fact that I decided it was time to up the ante with my photography, any time I wanted to sleep I ended up reading the manual for my new toy (or trying to read as the tranquilizing power of my hammock kept taking effect). After much soul searching and research I took the dive in to the slippery and expensive world of the digital SLR cameras. What's worse is that my research and decision making led me to a company whose products I seldom purchase due to their exorbitant cost. Sony!! But in my defense, the camera is really a konica/minolta as Sony has purchased their camera business so it's still a real camera. So if I can pry myself away from my camera long enough this week I shall try to squeeze a post or two out. For now you will have make do with some of the pictures from my new toy.

This guy was hard at work and never noticed me.....thankfully.
OOoohhhh.....they're all wet!
With this guy coming staringht at you with his breakneck pace, you can't help but be terrified!
Hopefully she'll soudn as good as she looks a little later in life.
Sure her eye's a bit gross, but she's stilla cute hound.
Oh...and we had cookies too.....
MMMMMMM...... cooookies!
Thanks to my wife's spectacular baking, these taste even better than they look!

17 Comments:

Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

your kids are growing so much! and they are sooo cute! love the yellow lab, of course. my favorite shot is the one of the cookies, i like how the camera focused in on the middle...

good job on your construction job! i've been in those sorts of projects, you guys got an incredible amount done! and it was worth it...you got cookies!

10:09:00 AM  
Blogger PBS said...

Moving and renovation, ugh!!! But it was great of you to help out.
Your camera works really well, nice pictures!

11:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow i can't believe how much your son has grown.

11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

Pete! I'm totally confused. Which camera did you buy?

12:09:00 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Those pictures are really great! I have been looking at the SLR's as well, but for now it is merely a pipe dream. Can't wait to see more pictures!

2:38:00 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Great pics! Digital SLR's are addicting!

4:20:00 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

One of these days I'm gonna get me a digital SLR. Yeah, one of these days, when Canon upgrades their damn memory in the Rebels.

5:48:00 PM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I want your dog. I wanted the cookies too, but I'm watching sweet intake so you can keep those.

6:32:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What gorgeous pics you've taken with your new toy. Obviously the hammock didn't doze you off for too long, the pics are fabulous. Amazing to see how much your children have grown since I saw them on here last!

6:50:00 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

your kids are so cute. But they don't look too young to be going through all those coughs and colds that my little madam is favouring me with (as you commented on my blog).

7:01:00 PM  
Blogger mrhaney said...

you got me all tired out talking about your late hours. these are some great photos you took. you can't beat a photoof a child and i like the dog also because i am a dog lover. have a great week.

7:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these are nice pics thanks for sharing .Wish you well

8:21:00 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

WOw your children have grown a lot. They look very happy chappies.
I just wonder if there were enough hours in the week to let you do all that stuff!
hope you get some sleep soon

7:32:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

Extra cash is awesome. $900 a month? I'm going to click that link!

Wait, no I'm not. HAHAHAHAHA!

4:17:00 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Oh my gosh! These children are adorable!


btw people, you know all that work Pete says he did? Well, I saw him at the dog and suds last week during happy hour. I only noticed because he tipped the warmer with the cocktail weinies in it trying to wash down the bar nuts with barbecue sauce. His big red nose flopped into the warmer. Right. Like I'm gonna eat cocktail weinies after that!

5:43:00 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Whoa, to say you've been busy is the understatement of the year. Those pictures look good though. SLR cameras are way outta my league. My getting one would be equivalent to a man with nubs for limbs buying a Maserati.

11:45:00 PM  
Blogger Lake Allison said...

Cookies and puppies and children
=)

Great pictures!

12:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links