Monday, November 20, 2006

So tired

New Wheels

I don't think there's enough coffee in the world this morning. The good thing about it though is that all the chaos seems to have come to a near close. A quick recap of the end of last week has me:
  • Yelling and screaming at the insurance company because three weeks has gone by with no resolution on our claim
  • Giving up on the insurance company and buying another car
  • Running around getting the paperwork in order for my replacement car
  • Trying to catch up on cleaning stuff in the house
  • Getting the necessary repairs and tests done to get the paperwork to go through for the car
  • Finally getting the insurance company to get off their collective backsides and pen us a cheque for the car
  • Getting my TV fixed for the second time in order to be able to watch the Grey Cup
  • Spending most of Saturday at my photo class
  • Having my wife and kids pick me up after class and going to pick up the now certified and repaired car
  • Taking said car to the church where I spent three hours with my hands in bleach soaked water, washing dishes for a spaghetti fund raising dinner (we made $1400 profit)
  • Installing a chain link fence with my father and getting fresh cut wire stuffed in my face (I dropped pliers as he was picking up a newly slice chunk of fence - OUCH!
  • Making it home Sunday night to get the kids fed, washed and laid down for the night
  • Finally collapsing onto the couch in the basement with a beer and catching the rest of the Grey Cup game from 5 minutes left in the first half.
  • Laughing my backside off at the broken cup and then going to bed.


Yet despite it all I still manage to handle it all with a smile on my face. Who knows, if I play my cards right this week then maybe I will see some rest. Better yet I may actually get some rest!

Oh and if you need a laugh I can highly recommend this video for the more twisted among you.

Don't forget to smile folks, it's the only way you'll ever make friends!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

that was a twisted and hilarious video!

well, sorry about the epic car issues! it's too bad the insurance companies aren't on the same time frame as we are!

9:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... want a PopTart? ;-)

1:37:00 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I guess I am twisted because I thought it was funny!

I hope you got some rest after your busy day.

2:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you survived the week and got to witness the demise of the Grey Cup, ha,ha..

6:39:00 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Insurance companies always make me want to scream .... but $1400 ~ well done!

And the video .... classic!

1:05:00 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

your commitment and heart are wonderful. within so much chaos, you still managed to serve and do for others. i love that. thank you. thank you for your consciousness and for your goodness.

i'm glad that the car is finally dealt with. no need to thank those insurance folk, it got done because of your hard work chasing after them. your new car is beautiful. i don't know if you believe in Holy Water but if you do, do the sign of the Cross with it. it is something i was tought to do with our homes and things to Bless them..also i carry a St. Christopher medal, he is the saint of travelers...but then again i'm Catholic and i don't know if you believe in that sort of thing..

I'm sorry things for so long have been so hard. i thank you for being an inspiration on persistance and good attitude.

many hugs to you and the family.

1:28:00 AM  
Blogger katie said...

AHHH!! Those hands are going to give me nightmares and take me back to my pre-dishwasher days.
Sorry about all the hassel with your insurance, I hope things are a bit more settled.

12:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look like Young Santa Claus in the wire cut face picture. Even though your face was cut it was a nice photo of you.

Glad you have the car reparied. Hope you don't get any more injuries for awhile.

9:43:00 PM  
Blogger Perpetual Chocoholic said...

You need to put a warning sign before this post! I was exhausted after reading it.

6:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links