Friday, October 27, 2006

Man of Steel

So what's worse than having to shell out over $2,000 in one month to bring your ailing car back into fighting form? How about driving a rental car three days after getting it back from the transmission shop because it looks like this now!
smashy smashy 2

The age of the car makes me worry that the insurance folks may try to write it off after having put all the money into repairs. The promising thing is that the engine still runs and there was no puddle of fluid underneath so with any luck it will need a new front end and a buttload of paint and polish. So begins the insurance dance. At least I have rental car coverage as it is not a good time of year to be on foot, what with all the rain and cold winds.!

In the lighter side of being me lately, my head cold that had crawled its way from the bowels of hell has finally been banished by my white blood cells. The speed at which they accomplished this worries me. They used to a lot more efficient. I hope they haven't formed a union!! The cold has left in its stead a lovely sinus infection. Nothing like having red tinted goo in your nostrils eh? To speed up its departure the doctors have issued me a nasal sprayer loaded with steroids. I figure if I keep hammering away on this stuff I will have a Superman like nose. Truly a schnozz of steel. Of course there's the other problem that they may just give me an artificially bulky nose and render me sterile. Or maybe they'll drive my nose insane with roid rage. Do I take the risks for the obvious benefits or do I play the side of caution and yield to the instructions on the prescription. Choices choices....... So look forward to me smelling you all the way over here merely by using the internet and trace aromas.

I hope your weekend, and mine, goes well. I could use a few good days after this week.

Oh, and be sure to swing by and say hi to Celti today. She's been swamped too and could use some good vibes as well, not to mention that I'm posting a guest WTFF today as well. Tell her I sent you. Or not. It depends on whether you like things getting thrown at you I suppose.

14 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

oh-oh, hands down you win the worst wk ever--sorry :(

what the heck happened to your car? that is nasty. is everyone alright? how is the other guy?

and 2000 for the tranmission? sounds like what happened to me..ouch..

okay, you need some positive thoughts-prayers are on their way..

careful with prednisone, it gives moon face..so you might end up with a moon nose..hope you feel good soon..

2:51:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

That sucks.

Here's some happy ripples coming your way.


Take Care
Michael

2:54:00 PM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

Sorry to hear about your car. When it rains it pours huh?

3:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, ugh. that's a rather nasty streak of badness - more than enough. you're officially done now. no more bad things. period.

3:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know wasn't life so much easier when we had a horse and cart.

3:37:00 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Watch out with that nasal spray. I've used one every day for several years, for my allergies, and my nose is now as big as a house.

4:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Pete ...
hope the family was fine ,,
that looks nasty ,,
Im crossing my fingers for you ,, no more bad luck gremlins

JP

7:45:00 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

Well, I hope your sickness clears up and they don't total your car. That would just suck.

2:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope next week is one of your best.
You should spray some of the steroids on the rest of your body. Just to balance out the nose, ha,ha..

9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Celti said...

Ah, mah sweet, you still maintain the positive attitude and that's most important. Great job on the post & thankies! *squeeze*

10:09:00 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

That just sucks, majorly.

9:29:00 PM  
Blogger dan said...

buses are much more affordable. it's just that they never run on time.

5:46:00 AM  
Blogger PBS said...

Yikes, car repair is so expansive! Hope you feel better soon.

6:51:00 AM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

I can't believe you're so positive about all this. Well, obviously I can - but I'd be a nervous wreck. Thank god you are ok though, that's the main thing.

Good picture though, it's got to be said.

Get well soon x x

4:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links