Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween is finally here!

365 #11
If you go out in the streets tonight
You'll never believe your eyes

If you go out in the streets tonight
You probably hear some cries

For every child from small to large
will be out traipsing 'cross the yards

Today's the day the kiddies go beg for caaaaaandy!


Happy Halloween to those that celebrate it, and sucks to be you to those that don't. You're missing out on a hell of a lot of fun. Thanks to those wacky Celts many generations ago and the celebration of Samhain we now get to enjoy our Halloween. Granted there's far less animal slaughter than there used to be, but it has been offset with candy so I say it's win win don't you? A time of fear for many. Whether it's fear of the dark and scary symbols that hover around the occasion or fear that you'll eat far too much candy and put on an inch or two is entirely up to you.

I've been enjoying this Halloween in what time I could find. Two night of carving kicked off this week as well as two Halloween parties as well. My daughter has been carrying around her rubber bat and her skeleton for a few days now. The skeleton has been robbed of any and all ability to scare the minute he was dressed in a dolly jumper. He does look cute though.Wigg-o-lantern I used to enjoy carving very intricate and spooky jack-o-lanterns but with my daughter now old enough to ask (read - make demands) for designs of her imagining. This year we have a pumpkin modeled off of a rubber ball she got at a Halloween party. I had to tweak the design however as it seemed to be begging for a Wiggum nose. We also have one of my own choices in a wolf design, and then my daughter's handicraft took over for the remainder. Tinkerbell adorns one while Cinderella and her castle were dutifully hacked into the second lantern. I hope to get some pics of Cinderella today as the lantern dried out a little quicker than I like and was not fit for photos last night.

So tonight will see the remarkably fast consumption of food and then it will be time to commence the trick or treating. While I'm sure my daughter will change her mind during dinner at least three times as to what she wants to be, we will get something figured out and hit the streets. I hope that you have as much fun on your Halloween as I plan to. How do you celebrate the occasion? With candy and spookiness or with television and a barricaded house?


And to celebrate the fact that the shops have been in Christmas mode for at least two weeks now I offer up this commercial that seems to capture the spirit nicely.

12 Comments:

Blogger Celti said...

Happy Halloween & blessed Samhain to you!

- a wacky Celt.
heh

10:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween! Who did the pumpkin with the red nose? That's the scariest one!!!

11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

Dracula couldn't run through the field! He can't be in the sunlight!

1:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol - great video find :D

And, awesome pumpkin carvings! We're so lame. Yes, we bought pumpkins but they remain unscathed due to our complete lack of talent and the subsequent "reason" that we can then hack them up tomorrow and freeze the bits (no skill required) for foodstuffs. Oooh. How festive of us.

1:44:00 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

You carved those pumpkins? GET OUTA TOWN! That's awesome. So is the pic.

3:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pumpkins look great.
Have a Happy Halloween..

5:03:00 PM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

I've been waiting all year for your post on Halloween! Love it.

Those pumpkins are incredible, my is there anything you can't do?!

x x x

4:06:00 AM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

Ps. We got only two sets of trick or treaters and now I am forced to eat the remaining candy all by myself... it's a dirty job...

4:07:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

Three cheers for Halloween!!

3:00:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

LOVED that commercial! :)

7:37:00 AM  
Blogger PBS said...

Great pumpkins, you have a talent! Happy (very belated) Halloween!

7:47:00 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

that was the creepiest of movies...oh my you freaked me out...i am terrified, lol...happy belated halloween to you guys too...

3:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links