Friday, February 09, 2007

Dive, Dive!

And no I'm not talking about my house here! Not all folks.

With the commercialized mayhem known as Valentines Day upon the horizon, many are seeking that perfect gift. After some serious searching and hunting I think I may have found an option for some of my more well heeled readers.

Sure flowers and chocolates are the norm, but that's playing into the hands of the establishemnt. The candy and flower people, along with help from the greeting card industries, want you to think that these are the ultimate solutions but I have a better one. After three long years the folks at U-Boat Worx have begun to ship the first of their C-Quester CQ1 single person submersibles. That's right! Her very own submarine!



Sure you could send her to a spa for relaxation to get her out of the house and away from the noise and the chaos, but how peaceful and laid back can a spa be with every other woman lined up to redeem her gift certificates too? The lineups for manicures can be devastating after Valentine's day. Under the surface of your local water source is a different story for now. Most people can't afford a gift this extravagant so she'll be one of the only people in her area who can slide under the water for a 2 1/2 hour stint of quiet. No cell phones, traffic or kids......she'll be in undersea heaven. Hell if you've really got the money you can buy the two seater and she can rent the second seat out to a friend and help defray the cost of ownership!

It's one of those gifts that open up a pile of options as well as you can see on the U-Boat Worx website. While I don't see the option that I would like the most they do have a picture of it in the gallery, so I'm sure they could knock one together for me. Add ons for her sub could keep you in gift ideas for years to come!

So this year before you run like a lemming to "say it with roses" or diamonds, stop and give this a look. Diamonds may last forever but I can't believe that this sub would wear out as fast as roses wilt. Besides, this is way more fun to water.

For videos of it in action you can click here or here.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be a great gift here. Spending a relaxing hour underwater full of old cars and bikes. Which you would never see because the water is so cloudy..

6:22:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello there, just dropping by - seem to have found myself surrounded by women on my blog (not a bad thing entirely) and someone suggested I look here. Glad I did.

7:09:00 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

II see that Gary has visited, for some reason he finds the idea of a having an all female blogroll a bit scary I suggested he visited here. I hope you do not mind.

I see that you are being as creative as ever.

11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I have put the quiz back up again....

11:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you certainly get high marks for creative ideas...but if that were my present for Valentines, I might cry. (Sometimes originality isn't that appreciated!) hehe

:)

Barb

1:30:00 PM  
Blogger Laura Brown said...

Now she can dive for sunken ships and all those treasure chests. She'll be rich! Maybe she'll even buy one for you then. lol

3:19:00 PM  
Blogger deni said...

Uh, how interesting.

Somehow the word CLAUSTRAPHOBIA comes to mind. But then I can't even lay inside a tanning bed without suffocating.

7:10:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

Screw her. I'ma get myself an entire fleet of those!!

6:33:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Those are really cool.

Take Care
Michael

7:58:00 PM  
Blogger Im A Foto Nut said...

I want one bad!

10:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links