Monday, January 22, 2007

Park it and stay home

Given the fact that round these parts, every time the snow flies people forget how to drive I bring you this crazy reminder courtesy of John Piercy that when the roads get slick you really are better off to just stay at home.



Why people feel the need to go out in weather like this is always a mystery to me. Then again I spent two hours chugging along in the snow and sleet last Monday just so I could work. Moron!

Then again I just stayed in the slow lane and took my time while many a moron figured they could pass the snowplows who are tasked with making the roads drivable. To the credit of the plow drivers they didn't just push a snow dune over the cars and keep moving. Lord knows that they deserve it for trying to push past the plow. If you live in an area that gets winter weather, and has had it before then I urge you to tap in to that hazy memory you possess before pointing your car into the slop. Snow and ice don't get more slippery with time.....just the thinking of your average motorist.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

As much as I read it all over the place on here about snow and the dangers of it, I STILL find it so surreal seeing stuff like that. Hope noone was hurt with that, but plenty of insurance premiums going up no doubt!

Incredible viewing for a pleb down under.

2:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only had three bad slides when I was driving. I wasn't driving fast and hit the snow barrier once and a pile of snow from the plow another time. No damage to me or the car but it was dramatic at the time. :) Glad you drive carefully and got there and back fine.

4:52:00 AM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

it's not the snow that is dangerous, it is the people that don't have a clue!

go out in a parking lot and slide around...learn what to do when your car slides!

ice isn't slick, water/warm conditions with ice is click...

never slam on the brakes!

can you tell i grew up with the stuff? lol

9:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's kind of funny that people in Canada can't drive any better in the snow than people in Tennessee. Weird. lol

2:06:00 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

It's like that in DFW.. the city just closed down and all the fools went out on the roads.
It was quite the show, and the news actually used to put the footage of sliding and wrecks to classical music :)

5:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UGH!! I'm not nostalgic for those good ole bad ole days in Detroit driving I-75 to work.

8:08:00 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

I used to have to drive up and down a steep hill every day to work and back home. Now that I'm in town and a flatlander, I really enjoy the not-sliding!

12:55:00 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

Forget about driving, even walking on an icy surface is bloody dangerous!

3:13:00 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

I actually like driving in the snow. But I have never seen so many idiots in one place ever. I am sitting here slack jawed in awe of this, I cannt figure out how these ppl dont know the difference between the gas and the break.

8:47:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

That video was sweet, but too short for my liking. I could watch that stuff for days. I love driving in the snow, and purposely try to get into skids and slides. But, of course, I do this in unpopulated areas such as new housing developments where only the basements are dug.

11:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links