Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Tree Trimming?

With the tree carcass secured and upright in our home, my wife told me that it was time to begin trimming it. She went into the basement so I took it upon myself to go into the shed and grab the pruning shears. Imagine my surprise (and discomfort when I was bludgeoned with a rubber tote bin and told to stop being an idiot. Apparently trim means decorate, who knew?

I grabbed some strings of lights to bind it up, and we were looking at a well illuminated tree. Twinkling with LED goodness. I wasn't entirely trusting of the green beast and thought it good to sent in a scout so we armed my daughter with a fistful of stuffed bear decorations to soothe the tree a bit. Who doesn't like teddy bears. Since it was close to bedtime she hung all the bears and declared that it was bedtime. She's got her Daddy's drive to work, I'm so proud. Her final product was this. I thought it looked pretty, but the wife said that we couldn't leave it like that so we compromised.

That tree's no good to me dead.We left the daughter's teddy bears clustered at the bottom and proceeded to festoon the tree with the remaining decorations. Garland, decorations and the my entirely un-festive Boba-Fett (who I think is the coolest ever) were hanging on the tree resulting in a pretty shiny final product. With the tree jammed full of decorations and the house all decorated up we began packing up. Upon opening the containers the ornaments dwell in during the off season we came to the realization that they were still full. It is a little known fact that ornaments stored in close proximity with little or no protection will multiply like rabbits. When you think about it, they sit there for a year so you have to pass the time somehow so I can't blame them. It's entirely my fault for packing them up in a hurry. My Mom used to have hers all individually wrapped up to protect them and I thought that meant to keep them from breaking. Little did I understand the lurid truth behind all that wrapping. This year they all get packed up separately, except for Boba Fett and the teddy bears. They will breed into an army of super ornament bounty hunters who can be contracted to get the tree for me next year.


Remember folks have your ornaments spayed or neutered!

20 Comments:

Blogger Rae Ann said...

No tree is properly trimmed without Bobba Fett! That's a good looking tree.

9:06:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Nice tree!

Mine is about 3 feet high and came fully decorated in the box...I just pull it out and plug it in!

It'd be different if I had kids though...then I'd go all out on Christmas decorations! :)

9:16:00 AM  
Blogger katie said...

That is a good looking tree! I think it looked pretty good with just your daughters contribution too.

9:58:00 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Ha,ha.Good post.
The tree looks good.

10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Hahaha! I love the bottom of the tree pic! Classic stuff right there!
Lois Lane

2:38:00 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Boba-Fett on the tree. You are my hero.

3:34:00 PM  
Blogger angela marie said...

I think the original 'trimming' was most excellent. Especially if you are sitting on the ground...looks good! :)

3:49:00 PM  
Blogger sands of time said...

You have a very talented daughter.She did a wonderful job with her half of the tree.the rest looks good as well though.

3:50:00 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

Who says Boba Fett isn't festive? His armour practically SCREAMS merry Christmas, and he's the epitome of generosity, what with donating his DNA and all!! Move over Santa, here comes Boba Fett.

5:08:00 PM  
Blogger wondy woman said...

Does your Bobba Fett want to come and play with my Wondy?

They could make babies and give us lots of lovely wondy fetts and bobba womans?

Ah.

5:31:00 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Your daughter's decorating endeavors made me giggle thinking of when my own kids were small and everything would be clustered at the bottom.

6:18:00 PM  
Blogger jon said...

They don't multiply by themselves, it's the kids doing it. between school and church and their own creations, the average family can expect to gain ten new, glitter glued, pipe cleanered, styrofoam balled ornaments per year.

7:31:00 PM  
Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

Tree looks great--that could be my sofa . . . and my reindeer on the top shelf . . . and my Fett . . .

8:17:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

That is a great tree! My BIL is a Star Wars nut and would LOVE To have that Boba Fett ornament.

8:40:00 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

last time I checked all my son's bionicles were doing manuevers in my tree. their little pincer hands work well for tree-climbing.

10:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

hahaha boba fett

10:59:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

good looking tree - at all stages! mine ends up with NO ornaments on the bottom, lest they become easy targets for the cat and/or dog...

I'll have to check this year to make sure all my ornaments really are spayed or neutered. Is there somewhere one can get a discount this time of year??

12:29:00 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I will remember that tip for next year as our ornament box is still full after decoration.
Is there a tree actually under there?lol it looks pretty

10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

I remember when my kids were small and they decorated the bottom of the tree. Then, during the night, the cats would un-decorate it. So mostly, the bottom of our tree was nude.

Nice tree, though.

10:23:00 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

That's a lotta teddy bears! Good thing Boba Fett's there to keep 'em in line. He beats my 'Santa Claus riding a shark' any day. The tree looks good.

11:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links