Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Customer service

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



So I open my mailbox yesterday and in it lurks a notice of disconnection from my former cable provider who shall remain nameless. I was actually not alarmed or dismayed at its arrival as I was waiting for this particular piece of mail.

After having numerous issues with their internet service and lousy reception of their television signal (to which I was told, "That's analogue cable") which had degraded significantly after the launch of their digital product.

The reason I found this to be of particular interest is that when asked why I was terminating my service by a well intentioned rep, whose binder didn't hold any answers to my questions, I told them their response to customer inquiries was extremely slow. He apologized and said this was the first he'd heard of this kind of problem. If only I could call him now and let know I have been officially disconnected now as m television and internet service has been provided for by a different company now for 3 1/2 years now.

And I thought service technicians were slow when they would quote that they would be there to perform requested work betwenn 8:00am and 4:00pm that day!!!

At least they didn't need me to be present for the technician. Yes Mr Rainypete, our technician will be there to perfom your disconnection between November 2002 and March 2005, please have a copy of your bill ready for him. As luck would have it, I actually was home when the technician came 3 weeks ago to perform the disconnetion. You should have seen the look on his face when he asked if I could confirm the disconnection for him and I told him when the request had been made!!

Priceless to say the least.

At least these guys aren't providing our ambulance service. Thanks for calling 911, for injuries from blunt force trauma press 1, if you are bleeding profusely please press 2, i fyou are suffering from cardiac arrest or a stroke please stay one the line.

1 Comments:

Blogger glomgold said...

Damn cable companies! If they were providing health services, they'd probably brag they offer over 600 hospitals but only 5 or 6 of them wouldn't suck.

7:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links