Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Election fallout

A reaper's work is never done.
While the country debates the merits of it's new government they fail to notice the rue victims here, the voters. Now I'm not talking about the damage that may or may not be done to the average taxpayer in the wake of the new government, but rather the elderly voters among us. Here in Hamilton we had one voter casualty. Will this rise with each election until fear grips us all on our way to the polling stations?

Apparently this poor old soul had voted and was getting into the waiting car of her sister, when it was put into gear and reversed. She was knocked down by the still open door and rolled underneath the car, with obvious consequences. Her sister felt a bang as she had hit a parked car and pulled forward to check the damage, running her poor sister over a second time. In our warning crazy culture will the next election's registration cards bear a warning about voting and cars? My wife was nice enough to pick me up since I carpool and was dropped off to vote. I breathe a sigh of relief when I realize how close I came to death that day. Voting may never be the same again! Only time will tell. I'm just glad I can still walk to the polls.

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Ha! First again!

This is a terrible story. Canada is obviously a dangerous place to be.

10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

Was it murder? Is it possible the sister who ran her sister over was angry that her sibling voted against her, essentially, cancelling her vote out?

1:36:00 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Oh my giddyaunt that is well terrible and wierd all in one.

2:05:00 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

OH and the thought of you amd My Hubby meeting is a very unsettling thought lol

2:06:00 PM  
Blogger Laura Brown said...

At least you know your wife still has some fondness for you. Not only did she pick you up but she didn't run you over, not even once. That's true love!

2:45:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hey, isn't that a picture of Nichole Richie???

Bad, bad...I know...

9:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links