Friday, January 20, 2006

Meteorological Mayhem

She's not bluffing folks!!
Today's forecast is a balmy 12C which follows yesterdays' balmy -15C. In the last week we've had rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, sun, cloud, extreme wind and all around nice days as well. I'm not usually one to complain about the weather but this crazy oscillation of hot/cold dry/wet is starting to grate on me. The only thing stopping from a really good shouting session at the clouds is the fact that I think Mother Nature has PMS. Nobody in their right mind has a yell at a woman with PMS unless they are suicidal but lack the resolve to actually do themselves in.

Part of Canada's appeal is the changing weather. My father immigrated here from England, where the weather isn't necessarily rainy and gray all the time, but it's not far off. I enjoy the changing seasons, but generally enjoy it better when they change every few months rather than every few hours. In an effort to stabilize the weather there is a grassroots project being undertaken by a team of local scientists. This oughtta do the trick!They are currently developing a remote launch and delivery system through which they can pummel Mother Nature with specially designed chemical compounds that should ease the weather strain. The general hopes are that this will level off the weather a little bit. If you should happen to see Mother don't provoke her as she is considered armed and dangerous. A single, well placed lightning bolt will fry you like an egg. Wish us luck and good weather.

16 Comments:

Blogger Mayo said...

Kansas Citian Here! Feel your pain....63F yesterday and now 35f...I say what the hell....Good to hear I'm not the only one suffering here...

9:52:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Don't the Canadians on your side of the continent have some sort of saying about if you don't like the weather wait a few hours? Heh.

Here in the Sierras it's cold but clear. 20 degrees F, which is 0 minus something in C...I never did learn that stuff except I know that 0 is freezing which makes much more sense than our goofy F system.

11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Oh...and I really, really like the new blog look...I am so jealous.

11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

I agree. Four seasons is really great. Much better than those 2-season tropical islands. When summer ends, I bet they're not looking forward to hurricane season.

11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

That's a good idea. I just hope it lands in her mouth. No point making her even madder..

12:13:00 PM  
Blogger TheatreChick73 said...

Mother Nature has PMS...what a great concept! I just shared that idea with my co-workers (I totally gave you full credit dude) and they loved it!

I'm with ya, this never-ending switching weather is on my last nerve. But when its well into the + degree range in January, its not necessarily a bad thing is it?

Unless we have to pay for it in February.....ewwwww...

2:49:00 PM  
Blogger Champurrado said...

We all made rocket models when we were younger. Sadly, the rockets flew into the sky often never to be seen again after the first launch - you'll note I did not grow up to be a rocket scientist. With so many leftover rocket engines and so few actual rockets we had to develop alternative uses for them. Did you know that if you duct tape a coat hanger to a model rocket engine and connect it to Chris' honda 90 motorcycle battery you can experiment with chaos theory? Here the weather is delightful. Please be sure to look up before going outside...

6:37:00 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I know how Mother Nature feels.

The weather has been really odd here too, yesterday it was 55 degrees F. Definately not your typical January weather, we haven't even had much snow this year.

We will probably get hit hard in April.

10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I agree with Deni. April is going to be rough. It usually is when Januray has been weird. We've had the same crappy weather as you have had and I've had enough but I still wouldn't try to mess with mother nature.

11:35:00 AM  
Blogger elle said...

Mother has been wreaking havoc here as well. The poor water birds don't know whether to shit or go blind.

2:36:00 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Upon talking to my mother in Ottawa the other day she tells me the weather is great in comparison to what it has been in years past. What the hell is going on is it waiting for me to come back to start freezing again. I was hoping it would be spriong weather when I was back not when I was away grrrrrrrr

5:49:00 PM  
Blogger Sisiggy said...

After a few days in the 60s, I have crocuses coming up in the garden. I want to wave them off and yell, "Go back! Go back!"

8:58:00 AM  
Blogger Minerva said...

Yeah, well back in the motherland, it is just cold, oh, and raining...and yep, that is pretty much it...today, tomorrow and yesterday...

minerva

6:58:00 PM  
Blogger ..................... said...

what specifically are those specially designed chemical compounds. Prozac? Valium? Viag.... ooops, that might make it worse.

8:05:00 PM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

That sounds just like Tennessee winter weather. Crazy!

4:36:00 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

That's some quality weather! It has been up and down around here but not really in a particularly interesting way.

12:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links