Monday, January 16, 2006

A Tyre-ing weekend


Well another Saturday has come and gone and with its passing so does another installment of the Bulldogs Survivor. After deplorable saucer usage and the gastrointestinal grief brought on by a nasty pie it was time for round 3. As we once again made our way down to the bowels of the arena we were greeted by the promotional staff with our latest challenge.

With that same aforementioned malicious twinkle in their eyes they laid it out for us. One of our tribe mates would have to roll a tire from one end of the ice rink to the other end and roll the tire into the net. Sounds easy so far. Then they brought out blindfolds and helmets. Said roller would have to do this blindfolded! The remaining team mates could only provide verbal direction to get the tire to its nest of twine. After some deliberation it was decided that it was my turn in the hot seat as Jamie was our projectile in the saucer debacle. Besides, I'm a married man so I'm used to being told where to go! I did find it entertaining that they never asked if I could follow said direction so it's a good thing my wife was far off in the stands. We made our way to the corner of the ice and awaited the signal.

With our blindfolds ad helmets secured we were spun around three times just to make things a little easier. The two teams rocketed down the ice with their tires and converged on the net. My team did a fantastic job of directing me down the ice surface, verbally nudging me to pick up the pace and to steer to the left and right as necessary. While I couldn't see, the net was rapidly approaching and Jamie was instructing me to turn right. I nudged the tire to right little by little, complying with Jamie's instruction when suddenly he gave a mighty roar to go right. I gave the tire a twist to the right and promptly got my feet tangled up in the tire. As I tumbled to the ice I felt my feet connect with the tire and realized I was doomed. There was no way I'd be able to find the tire again before they rolled theirs into the net.

As I stood up to accept my fate and apologize to my team I managed to slam my head, fortunately helmeted for my protection, into the pipe of the net. Suddenly the realization dawned on me that if I had hit the net myself, then my tire must have made it in! I tore off my helmet and blindfold to be greeted by my celebrating tribe. It turns out that my last minute twist and kick were just what we needed to get the tire in the net first. Unbeknownst to us though, the other team had been so busy grieving their sudden loss that they forgot about their runner, who proceeded to run into the net himself. Fortunately he too was wearing his helmet. Unfortunately it did his nose little good as his stooped body slammed nose first into the pipe. He was alright, though a little bruised and bloody, so they made their way to the vote where Bob was voted out.

Who will go next and who will go the distance? Only time will tell.

6 Comments:

Blogger sands of time said...

Well you've survived to the next round.

2:29:00 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I hope you thanked your lovely wife for properly "coaching" you through the years. LOL! Congratulations!
Lois Lane

2:48:00 PM  
Blogger dan said...

man, sorry about your head.

that picture lloks totally weird...at this moment in time

4:58:00 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

Well, that's a lot of action. Good thing you had a helmet on.

7:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm worn out just reading about your weekend! On to the next round! Still giggling over your post a few back of your playing with your nuts! he he!

12:10:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ouch!!!

That's one painful post, Rainypete! :)

8:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links