Monday, January 09, 2006

Still Surviving

MMmmmmmmm.......... Now that's some good eating!
For those of you that remember, I'm a survivor. Not in an inspirational, I thumped a virulent disease is the backside sort of way, but more along the lines of "make a fool of yourself to win stuff". This Saturday saw me back in the Dog Pound for the next tension laced round of Survivor.

We all trucked ourselves down to the bowels of the building to find the organizers waiting with a malicious twinkle in their eye. The only comment they would give us in response to requests for a briefing was "I hope you're all hungry." It was quickly apparent that it was time to prepare for an eating challenge. With images of insects, dog food and raw meat in my mind I followed the rest of the contestants to the battlefield to find two tables waiting for us. The only things on them were a pile of plastic forks and napkins. I was startled at the civility of it all. An eating challenge with utensils?! They were repulsed as they conveyed our challenge targets towards the tables.

Awaiting our eager stomachs were pies the likes of which you won't likely find in any supermarket, unless maybe you are in Russia. Surprisingly, beet, sardine, custard and apple pie is not near as foul as you'd expect (unless you hate any of the individual ingredients). We waited for our cue and as a bevy of horrified onlookers groaned in disgust we plowed through our pies. Given the signal to cease and desist all pie consuming activities we awaited the judgment. Despite having the numbers on our side we were just edged out by Tribe Bruiser. It was time to prepare for the vote.

Now there's a man who loves pie!!As we were waiting I was signaled by my official photographer, Jodster. He told me that since we were all bent down like pigs at a trough he was unable to capture any pictures of the actual pie consumption. Given my nature as an attention whoring buffoon I deftly snatched the now empty crust remains from the table and began to consume pies of crust. If he had gotten the pictures and everything else had remained constant that would have been it, but I saw the organizers grimace when I picked up the pie and heard the proclamations of disgust from the crowd around our tables as I popped the first bite in my mouth. While we were waiting for the vote to begin I wandered around offering the pie to all the kids that had rushed down to get themselves on the big screen.

With my repellent pie eating out of the way it was voting time so we got down to business. After picking some pie related overspray out of the emcee's hair we began our vote. The first attempt resulted in a split vote of two each for Gary and Barb with a vote for me in the mix (I guess not everybody likes a lunatic). We went back to the ballots for a final decision to send Gary back to the stands. This coming weekend will see us back at it for round three. Will our tribe Habs be able to prevail or will we go back to the vote? Will I manage to evade the votes or am I a goner on our next loss? Only time will tell.

Click here to see the official Bulldogs survivor page. Check out the promo video we had to shoot and figure out who's who when you watch the audition videos.



I could really use an antacid right about now.Just so you know, sardine, beet, custard and apple pie goes down fairly easy but doesn't sit too well. Was it the quantity or the content? I don't intend to try again to find out, but if you feel inclined to experiment let me know how it goes.

9 Comments:

Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

EWWWW~ I thought your post was icky, but after reading Jodster's comments...

The best I can say is that your post was witty and keeps me on my diet.

7:57:00 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I love the videos! Wish I could have voted.
I think I'll pass on the combo mentioned in this post. LOL!
Lois Lane

8:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

You look so cool and bad-ass in this pic. hehe LOVE the dew rag!

As far as EATING contests... gross! But at least you all had fun doing it. Right?

9:18:00 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

So when you "returned" all those pies the following day, were there any diced carrots in the mix?

2:52:00 AM  
Blogger sands of time said...

The sardines would of done it for me.You must have a stomach made of iron.

10:38:00 AM  
Blogger TheatreChick73 said...

I am so glad you lived to tell the tale! What a lesson this teaches.

About what I don't know because I am still munching on my afternoon popcorn as I am reading.

3:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas is just around the corner. No time to go to the mall...then do your shopping online. We sell everything that the mall sells. Shop today!

2:26:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Mmmm...I love sardines in mustard sauce!

THe beets however...those would've made me puke...yuck!

9:47:00 AM  
Blogger Beth Danae said...

nice pictures :)

3:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

People had nothing better to doFree Hit Counters times to so far
free web site hit counter


links